The person running our GroupWise migration to Exchange 2007 is saying our BB servers are ... Server Admins forum

cdseawell no está en línea Stack level 1

BES not needed w/ Exchange 2007?

Advertisement

The person running our GroupWise migration to Exchange 2007 is saying our BB servers are not needed that we can just do away with them. I think I know the answer is you still need the BES, but I just wanted to get different opinions on the matter.

Thanks in advance

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    It all depends on what type of integration you want.

If you use BES, instant or clost to it email delivery.

If you do not BES and use OWA, you get them after BIS check your mail and then forwards them to you. You will also loose tasks, Calendar, and Contacts with BIS and only get them synced when you plug in and do it manually, no Over the Air sync on anything other than mail.

BES Encrypts all communications between BES and your device, more secure. I would go with BES since it is tried and tue and allows more features than not having it. You can also push it up the chain if they are asking that currently you can Kill a device from BES for security purposes and not without it. Most people will give in when you point out the secuity is there on BES and not with out it.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 07-03-2008 at 03:59 PM.

cdseawell no está en línea Stack level 1
    thats what i figured. just wanted to get another opinion. more secure with BES than without. my company is in the health care industry so security is very important. many thanks.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    BES is the way to go with HIPA.