Hello, I was trying to install BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1.0 using Remote Desktop to get ... Server Admins forum

bybien no está en línea Stack level 1

BES not available

Advertisement

Hello, I was trying to install BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1.0 using Remote Desktop to get access to the server, but this is what I get when all the procces strat:
    Terminal services Application server mode is detected. Setup Type: Blackberry enterprise server option will not be available

I assume that the reason is because you can't install BES unless that you are installing locally. Am I right? This is a big problem because is the only option.

Thanks.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    welcome to pinstack.

i dont know a whole lot about BES, but i just wanted to bump your thread so one of the bes guys on here see it.

nickeeboo no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask

Terminal Services is your problem.

Hi,

I believe the problem here is that Terminal Services is installed on the machine, not because you're trying to do the installation remotely.

Please read the following excerpt from a BES installation checklist manual:

If your operating system is Windows Server 2000, you can install and access the BlackBerry Enterprise Server using the Terminal Services program.

You must install Terminal Services using Remote Administration mode. Visit support.microsoft.com/kb/306624 for more information.

Note: RIM does not recommend using Application Server mode. If you install Terminal Services using Application Server mode and then install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, unpredictable results might occur.

If your operating system is Windows Server 2003, you can install and access the BlackBerry Enterprise Server using the Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection program that is included with Windows Server 2003.
    Note: Do not install Terminal Services. If you install Terminal Services on Windows Server 2003, Terminal Services installs automatically in Application Server mode, which RIM does not recommend.

Hopefully this helps...

nickeeboo

bybien no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BES not available

Thats right nickeeboo. That was the reason. We had to uninstall Terminal Services program because it install Application Server automaticly.
    Finally, we where able to install BES using Remote Administrator, and now one week after all that painfully week, I came back to find out that somebody, you, got the solution.
    So thanks to you Nickeeboo.

mlouie no está en línea Stack level 1

gentlemen sorry for my ignorance
    so what is the solution ??

we currently already have Term server/services running on win2003 server
    w/ about 30 users, so we cant uninstall.

is/what is the way to continue the bes install ?

thanks
    louiem@gmail.com

bthom73 no está en línea Stack level 1

Likewise, I have the same issue here.

Anyone know of a 'use at your own risk' command line argument for setup.exe to be able to force the install of the BES under these conditions?

Thanks,
    Brian
    Last edited by bthom73; 03-28-2007 at 03:37 PM.