I was hoping maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I have a ... Server Admins forum

suprmn2k no está en línea Stack level 1

BES no longer communicating with Exchange

I was hoping maybe someone can point me in the right direction.
    I have a Windows 2003 Standard server with Exchange installed. I have a seperate Windows 2003 Standard server that is running BES 4.1.
    We did some maintenance to the exchange server last night and now it appears that the BES server can not contact the Exhcange server anymore. The last contact time in Blackberry Manager never changes. I chacked all the permissions and they appear to be the same as they were before. I am not sure where esle to look.

Any help would be appreciated.

ecnavt no está en línea Stack level 2
    Welcome suprmn2k

The MAPI connections that the BES uses is very sensitive to the Exchange Servers availability. A good rule of thumb is that if the Exchange server is stopped then you should stop/restart the BES once the Exhange server is available.

Whether you reboot the BES or recylcle the services, is up to you.

Hope this helps.

~via BB (

dlogsdon no está en línea BES Pro
    Have you checked the cdo.dll and mapi.dll files? Check to see if the version of the files are different.
    If they are you will need to copy the exchange files to the BES and then register the cdo.dll file.