Hey folks, new guy here that is also completely new to setting up and configuring ... Server Admins forum

therightrev no está en línea Stack level 1

BES + New Employee with personal 7280 = PITA

Advertisement

Hey folks, new guy here that is also completely new to setting up and configuring BES, Blackberrys, and making everything work perfectly. What I was tasked with was taking the 7280 of a new employee (this is his personal BB7280), backing it up, installing BES on one of our boxes, running EA on the 7280, and making sure email worked and the guy lost nothing previously stored on his BB.
    So, the BES install was easy. Backing up, wiping, activating, restoring data to the 728 was easy. Receiving mail on the 7280 is gloriously easy.
    Sending mail is a pain in the ***.
    Whenever he tries to send and email he gets an error message about the BB not being able to compress/encrypt the message. If he tries to reply to an email there is no "send" option.
    I have done a bit of browsing on this and I keep seeing references to the fact that we may have a service book problem. Groovy, I have no idea how to push the proper service book to the 7280 (all he has message-wise is the Desktop [CMIME]). What makes it worse is the guy is only in town through this morning before heading back to his territory (600 miles away)... HELP!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: BES + New Employee with personal 7280 = PITA

Woot...Another reason I am glad I don't currently know BES!

But gonna give ya a free bump...

BUMP

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

Re: BES + New Employee with personal 7280 = PITA

You should be able to push the Service Books to the device from the BES console.

I had to assist a user in our London office with that earlier.
    What I did was clear the service books from the device using the backup/restore option in the Desktop Manager, register the host routing table, then resend the service books from the BES Admin console. You could have him delete the service books manually from the device though, then do the other two steps.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.