Hi, Can anyone tell me how i can change an IT policy? I have the ... Server Admins forum

evildude no está en línea Stack level 1

BES IT policy? Sms blocked

Advertisement

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how i can change an IT policy? I have the 8800 but my company is blocking me from using sms. Any ways to release that? I receive sms but it is quite annoying not to be able to answer back the sms from friends.

Thanks for your help!!

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Re: BES IT policy? Sms blocked

Only your IT can remove it.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

If it's a company issued BB then it's not going to happen unless you can make a good friend in the BES Admin department. Try to talk to your boss and see what the company policy is on something like this.

ozrial no está en línea BB Themes Guru
    PIN/ID
    Ask

If you know the sms email address for the provider that your friends use, you can send to them SMS as an email. This would of course allow your IT group to read them all, but it is a means to an end.
    ...:: OZ ::...
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

julienlevy no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes He's right, depending on which carrier your friend has... you can reply using the following by sending an email reply:

Verizon: **********vtext.com
    T-Mobile: **********@tmomail.net
    Cingular: **********@cingularme.com
    Sprint: **********@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    Nextel: **********@messaging.nextel.com Virgin Mobil:**********@vmobl.com

the *s stand for your friend's Mobile Phone #

Hope This Helps Enjoy ! =)

mjw
    mjw no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    249D663E

I had users that could not send text messages but were not blocked seems the BB was not setup properly..
    Cingular support sent me these instructions
    May help

This is strictly for Cingular (the newATT) users

1. Verify the wireless is on.
    2. Verify the device displays at least 2 bars of signal strength. If not, move to a location where the device has at least 2 bars of signal strength.
    3. Verify "GSM", "gprs", or "GPRS" displays in the upper right hand corner of the device. If not, contact Cingular Customer Care .
    4. Verify the SMS message center number is correct. Cingular Wireless Customers
    The common message center number provisioned on all Cingular SIM cards nationally is +13123149810
    5. From the main screen of the handheld, select the Options icon . On The Blackberry 7100g and 8700c, select[ Settings > Options.
    6 SMS.
    7.The "Network to send over:" field should be set to GSM. If not, highlight the value in this field and click the trackwheel to view the menu.Select Change Option
    9. Use the trackwheel to select GSM.
    10.Click the trackwheel to view the menu.
    11. Select Save.
    12. Send a test SMS.
    13. if still unable to send SMS messages, contact Customer Care
    Last edited by mjw; 05-16-2007 at 03:06 PM.

jj0000 no está en línea Stack level 1

They will only change their IT policy if they were able to archive SMS & PIN (probably because of compliance issues like SOX). They allow email because its being archived.

The only solution that I know of would be to use an archiving product like the one from a company called GWAVA, it archives SMS & PIN for various types of email servers.