Morning everyone! I've been a long time lurker to these forums and they have been ... Server Admins forum

CharlesShoe no está en línea Stack level 1

BES It policy Firewall Question

Morning everyone! I've been a long time lurker to these forums and they have been very helpful.

I am having a problem with my BES IT policy. I support a small organization with 19 users on my BES. Here is some information about the environment I support:

We are in a lotus notes environment.
    I currently have only one IT policy that everyone uses.
    The Blackberry manager software version is

Now the problem I am having is one user has his firewall locked/enabled. He is using a 8100 model phone with

The policy is just the default policy that comes with the BES (little restrictions). Its probably not the safest way of doing things, but my knowledge of administration in this system is limited.

Does anyone know of a way I can make a policy that has the firewall disabled? The user is able to receive emails, but he is unable to send them from the blackberry. If I need to post more information please let me know.

Thanks everyone

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    Hi, welcome to the Stacks. The firewall should not prevent the email from sending. What happens when he attempts to send the email? Does he get an error message? Is this the only device having the problem?
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!