Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My boss was messing around on the BES server, and decided to use it for ... Server Admins forum

STL8700 no está en línea Stack level 2

BES issues

Advertisement

My boss was messing around on the BES server, and decided to use it for a secondary website. So after creating a new web site in IIS, BES stopped working. When I came in today I had him delete it, but I still cant get BES to work. There is NO mail flow at all. Can someone please help me check settings to try and get this back the way it was. In IIS the default web site is being used. Under IP address identification its set to (all unassigned) is that correct?

I could really use some help. I dont know where to start looking for a fix.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Well, MotoUp or one of the other BES Pro's may come around and resolve this before long but on your main BES home screen. Do all services show to be connected? Are you showing pending data packets?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

SRP status disconnected. Pending data packets 395.

I've since discovered theres no connection at all to anything. SRP connection tests fail, and a simple ping to google fails.

He said he tried creating a new website, it errored out saying port 80 already in use. So he changed default website to 81 then changed it back after realizing his mistake. Now nothing works.

edit: Im starting to think he made some changes on the firewall too... tracert shows no hops after the firewall.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Hi STL,

Sounds like you have your hands full. How is the rest of the network. Anything getting in our out or is it just the BES? I am guessing that by changing the port like that and back that there are still some registry entries pointing to 81. I've seen that happen before and it isn't pretty.

Since he's admitted he made a mistake, I'd start by asking him if he made any changes to the firewall, and if so what.

I assume you've either restarted the server, or at least manually restarted all the BES services?

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Yup, if your SRP status shows disconnected, go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, and then Services. Scroll down to "Blackberry Router" and see if it shows "Stopped". If it does, start it and make sure it is set to Automatic.

If that is not the issue, post back and we'll continue trying to figure out the issue.

So far, I've rebooted the firewall, rebooted BES. From the BES server I can ping internally, but nothing outside the organization. Can I search the registry for "port 81" ?

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    As MotoUp and I stated above, have you restarted the services either manually or confirmed they are all running as they should? Even a restart of the BES would not start your services back up if they got changed to manually somehow, which happens sometimes even without someone going in and making that change.

Check your TCP/IP settings as well. Did those somehow get reset?

Required services are set to automatic, and are running. TCP/IP looks good.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    That is interesting. Like others have stated if your SRP is disconnected then you have other problems. Is this BES 4.x or 5.0?

Are you behind a proxy? Did those settings on the server perhaps get changed. Maybe that's why you can't get outside the network.

4.1.4 Before today it was running for almost 6 months with no down time.

Really weird! It sucks, cuz I have nothing to go on except for what he is telling me. I can get to anything inside, but internet is completely down. All my users are getting really irritated. To top it off I am out tomorrow and all next week, so this needs to be fixed by end of day today... I'm screwed.

Okay, so the internet is down for everyone, not just the BES? That's a whole other issue you're facing....

Did he maybe block port 80 on the firewall?

Internet was down for my BES server only. BUT everything is back running. lol, he took credit for it to. He said there was a WINS issue. After he changed the WINS entries it started working.

I appreciate everyones quick replies. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast