I am trying to assist my friend setup BES for their old Exchange 5.5... I ... Server Admins forum

eyemabug no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204C3CE3

BES Issue - lost

Advertisement

I am trying to assist my friend setup BES for their old Exchange 5.5... I have done ours, we use Lotus Notes so I thought I would be able tko assist...

Issue: cannot activate any device wirelessly or using cable, I get mail user not yet known to the BlackBerry agent... and its one week now...

Current setup:
    Windows Server 2000 service pack 6
    icrosoft Exchange 5.5 Administrator - talking to Exchange
    CDO.dll registered..
    BES 4.1
    All services are running
    All tests under Sever Configuration successful
    Permisiions = since I am using Administratror account, this shouldnt be a problem...
    (had tried to create besAdmin account and use this but same problem)..

oh BTW, initially it was all working untill the machine crashed and my friend wasntable to recover it so we had start again...

Please assit...

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    I'm guessing there is an error with the permissions, please check this out http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2020398437

eyemabug no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204C3CE3
    Well actually the reason for using Administrator as the BlackBerry service account was the service account created using that guide didnt work. It was giving the same, mail user is not yet known error. Administrator account worked and all functions were working fine. After the crash, after reinstalling the same way again, now Administrator account is giving the same error.

No changes were done on the mail server but I think an Exchange expert familiar with BES might be able to share some light on it given that following the guide the BesAdmin account didnt work on the first place..

[Issue resolved - I personnaly went to my friends work place, turns out BES server was not updated with Exchange 5.5 service pack... All ok now. thanks
    Last edited by eyemabug; 07-27-2008 at 08:29 PM.