Hello everybody I've just installed the free version of BES named "express". It's used with ... Server Admins forum

Hotkiller no está en línea Stack level 1

Bes / Exchange / Public Folder

Advertisement

Hello everybody
    I've just installed the free version of BES named "express".
    It's used with an exchange server.
    Although I manage to sync messages without any problem, I have to face this new difficulty : BES express is able to be synchronized with your adress book and your calendar in Outlook. But it synchronizes only with your PERSONAL adress book and calendar : I mean the ones you have in the inbox. And it works very well.
    The trouble is that I absolutely need to use an exchange public folder as calendar and another one as adress book. It appears on BES express you can't change the way to synchronize.
    So my question is : using BES express is there a way to synchronize my BB calendar and adress book with a public folder on exchange ?
    If not, how can I do (I know I can use DM but it's not very useful when you're not in the office... )

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Bes / Exchange / Public Folder

I haven't tried this but what if you disable wireless sync, change the sync settings in Intellisync/DM (choose to sync with the public folders) and then re-enable wireless sync? I have no idea if this will work or not. Wireless sync may be truly limited to syncing with your mailbox only.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

I am not aware of a way, but don't take what I say as fact, I've just never needed the feature.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

I am not aware of a way, but don't take what I say as fact, I've just never needed the feature.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I haven't seen a way to sync public folders either.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ditto no está en línea Stack level 1

Don't think you can do it with BES. You might want to try Add2Exchange by did it better .com They offer 20-day free trial.

Hotkiller no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok, thx everybody for the advices.
    I'm gonna try the soft ditto mentioned.

bigoldgeek no está en línea Stack level 1

try mContacts, it works with contacts in the public folders

dlaforteza no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone have any reviews or words about Add2Exchange? I am thinking of using this for one of my companies clients.

dbh1 no está en línea Stack level 2

For some reason I am having a hard time getting a definitive answer, but what I seem to be reading is that there is no such thing as BES Wireless syncing of exchange public folders. This is very hard to even imagine since BES is meant for business and public folders are very common in a business environment. Assuming RIM "forgot" to include such a key feature, the user is left with the following options
    A) Use Intelisync for contacts (in the case that you want public and private contacts synced) and BES for everything else. Is it possible for BES to handle the private contacts and just use intellisync for public contacts?
    B) Purchase mContacts (or some other 3rd party software) and install it on the server.
    C) manually copy needed public contacts into the private directory.

Please tell me I am missing something, since this sounds crazy.

Thanks.

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Public Folders won't sync on BES using the default BES Software.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

dbh1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Is there some reasonably priced alternative contact software that works on the device? It could even sync by cable (i.e., have BES do the private contacts wirelessly and another contact manager take the public contacts by wire). It would be somewhat beneficial to be able to separate my phone books between personal and work, though it would be nice if the list that comes up when you dial was integrated.

I'm coming close to giving up and going back to Intellisync. I can live without wireless sync of contacts, I just hate that once every other week my contact database gets corrupted and I need to audit the file to find the bad contact and then once a week I need to approve conflicts since somehow the filenames on the contact pictures change.