Exchange 2003 on a 2k3 standard I have BES 4.1.4 small business edition running on ... Server Admins forum

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3

BES/Exchange need your input?

Advertisement

Exchange 2003 on a 2k3 standard I have BES 4.1.4 small business edition running on the same server. Soon we will be updating the BES software and adding about 10 more handhelds can I still keep BES on the same server with exchange? Should I move BES to another server?

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Yes you can keep it on the same server, but from what I've read if you add too many more handhelds it will really bog down your server. Just something to think about.

I am running exchange 2k3 on a dedicated server, and BES v4.1.4 on a virtual server, running 5 users and works great.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    I would recommend moving as stated above but, that all depends on the physical machine, the number of exchange users, and the number of BB's. If you go over 20 BB's I would go to a dedicated box, possibly VM's thet work great and are relatively easy to manage.

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    yes we got power edge 2950 intel xeon 3.0GB 4GB ram...yea over 20 i would think i'll have a separat server for it

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    For that box I would say keep it light, 4 GB of ram is ok but, since exchange uses a lot, it might be sluggish and the responce might not be what you want. Worst case is you try it and it is slow, then move it to a new box. If it not then you can work till it is a problem and then can get it on it's own machine.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~