bes/exchange 2003 - how to add a read-only administrator to bes manager? hi, I'm looking ... Server Admins forum

gr1fter no está en línea Stack level 1

bes/exchange 2003 - how to add a read-only administrator to bes manager?

Advertisement

bes/exchange 2003 - how to add a read-only administrator to bes manager?
    hi, I'm looking for help to create a user group that only has read-only access to the bes manager to verify accounts. can this be done? Thanks

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

Re: bes/exchange 2003 - how to add a read-only administrator to bes manager?

Yeah you sure can. There's a utility called SetAdminKey that you can get through RIM. I believe it is part of the BES Resource Kit but not entirely sure on that.

For more info on the utility check out this link:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...osoft+Exchange

Hope this helps!

that looks like a great tool, but from what i read it looks like if i run that tool it will lock down the application as a whole and not per user/group. I would like to create a active directory group to accomplish this task. think that can be done?

I believe i have found the answer to my problem. I am going to try BerryStats This tool exports the sql database to a read-only web interface. going to check it out and come back for an update...

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

You can also setup role based administration if you are using bes 4.1. It's very easy to setup and you can add users to whatever level you desire. review RIM article KB04889 for more details on the different roles.