Hello I am running BES 4.0.1 on a win 2000 server with domino 6.5.4 on ... Server Admins forum

Tronky no está en línea Stack level 2

BES/Domino problem

Advertisement

Hello

I am running BES 4.0.1 on a win 2000 server with domino 6.5.4 on the same server.

I have 2 mail servers in a cluster and as part of my plan to upgrade the mail infrastructure, I added an additional server to the cluster in order to shut down one of the old servers.
    The new server runs : AIX 6.1 , Domino 8.5

After the installation I found that when the main mail server is down, BES keeps trying to connect to it without failing over to the newly added server and of course we were unable to receive or send mails to / from BB .

From a domino point of view, both mail servers has identical connection documents and can trace the BES server from domino console.

I tried also to send an e-mail from lotus of a user that i moved to the BES server, just to see if this mail will be routed from BES's Domino to next server's Domino or not and it was transfered .

I am really confused and not sure if it's a BES or Domino problem although as far as it seems, it's a BES problem.

Any help ?

Got the missing part today
    Will test tomorrow night & feed you back in case someone is interested.

The missing part was in the file in which domino specifies clusters members ( cluster.ncf ) it didn't pull the new server into that file for some unknown reason, I manually added it but waiting to the test result tomorrow night.

As per IBM, this files is not that important for a server to know the clusters members, it's most important to Lotus notes clients......will lose nothing if I tried because this is the only difference that I noticed between the old & new cluster member ( besides the domino version of course )

It worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!