Hi All, We are having a strange problem. We are on a BES 4.1 with ... Server Admins forum

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

BES calendar sync problem

Advertisement

Hi All,

We are having a strange problem. We are on a BES 4.1 with Exchange. Things have been fine for some time, but recently we began to have problems with the calendar sync. We only have on-way sync working. If we add an appointment on the Blackberry it will not transfer to the exchange server, if we add it in OUtlook, it WILL replicate to the blackberry. It appears to be effecting all users, multiple models, multiple carriers.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mike

PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: BES calendar sync problem

Additional info:

in checking the server, I find errors in the application log that look like: Username} MeetingTransactionComplete() failed: ERR_FAIL

I have seen reference to the CDO.DLL file needing to be upgraded. THis has been done as we upgraded to SP2 and the version is now 6.5.7638.2
    Last edited by ffmike; 01-17-2007 at 02:35 PM.

PIN/ID
    21C0D135

No-one? ony one? Beuller? Beuller?

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

Have a look at RIM Article KB05270

PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Thanks, checking that now.

Bhaskar_K no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,
    If this problem is coming for some devices not all then u can try following.This has worked for me .

1.Go to Calendar
    2.Once in the calendar, click on the track wheel and select 'Options'
    3.Look for 'Wireless Synchronization' option
    4.Try to chnage this option to "NO" ,save,wait for some time.
    5.Change the option back to "Yes" and save.

If this also doesn't work remove the battery for 2 mins and put it back.

All the best.

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

Just make sure your version of cdo.dll on the bes is the same or higher than that of your exchange server.

Make sure the cdo.dll is registered in the exchsvr/binn directory on the bes.

Make sure your besadmin account is setup with all the proper exchange permissions.

Exchange View Only, Administer Information Store, Send As, Receive As

Let me know if you have any more questions.

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

I would also check the permissions on the user’s calendars. You may find they have been removed as an "owner" of their own mailbox. This will still allow them to log on locally to the desktop but data sent from the BES will be rejected. Just change the permission and it normally corrects the issue straight away.

I have been to hundreds of BES site where the cdo.dll is a different version and the only issue has been they can’t receive meeting requests on their handhelds. So try the basics first as messing with file version could lead to more issues.
    Blackberry Support Forums - Asia Pacific
    www.blackberryforums.com.au

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by garycutri
    I would also check the permissions on the user’s calendars. You may find they have been removed as an "owner" of their own mailbox. This will still allow them to log on locally to the desktop but data sent from the BES will be rejected. Just change the permission and it normally corrects the issue straight away.

I have been to hundreds of BES site where the cdo.dll is a different version and the only issue has been they can’t receive meeting requests on their handhelds. So try the basics first as messing with file version could lead to more issues.
    You're right in that loads of times the CDO.dll version is mis-mathced and it doesn't seem to make any difference, but on the other hand how many installs have you seen where the CDO was wrong and updating it fixed a whole heap of problems?

I'm not syaing you shouldn't be wary about updating it, and you should make sure you can go back, but it is a key component especially for calendar and you should have it matching or higher than exchange.

eekman no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi ffmike,

We had a similar problem with accepting meeting requests. For some users the acceptance messages were not sent and the meeting resided with a red cross in the BlackBerry.

It turned out that we had some free/busy problems on our Exchange 2003 servers after migrating users to new Exchange servers and moving the sytem folders (including the free/busy folders). We repaired the Public Folder Store using ISInteg and that also fixed some free/busy problems not only on BB's but also for some desktop users. Even the already existing apointments that showed as a red cross, were showing correctly after the PF repair.

Before using ISInteg, please read the documentation from Microsoft carefully: support.microsoft.com/kb/301460
    Last edited by eekman; 02-07-2007 at 10:06 AM.

JoelC no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D81EB0

My BES server has 2 CDO.dll files...
    CDO.dll ver. 5.5.2654.6 Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033
    CDO.dll ver. 6.5.7638.2 Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin

Exchange Server...
    CDO.dll ver. 6.5.7638.2 Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin

I'm not sure if the first CDO with the lower version is even an issue here.

Any thoughts???
    Joel