I have emailed TSupport on this but I figured I would run it pass my ... Server Admins forum

leob no está en línea BES Pro

Question BES - Calendar Sync issues from BB to Outlook

Advertisement

I have emailed TSupport on this but I figured I would run it pass my fellow pinstackers. Just today I've noticed on several BB devices within our company that Calendar updates or new Calendar items created on their BB's are not synching back to Outlook Calendars. It seems to be working the other way (Outlook to BB Device). Tasks & Email seem to update just fine, just not Calendar.

My BES is on ver 4.1.5 for Exchange 2003. Database is on a seperate SQL 2000 DB. I've checked Event logs on both SQL server & Exchange and don't see anything major.

Below is one of the event log entries I am seeing.

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: BlackBerry Messaging Agent BLACKBERRY Agent 1
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 20000
    Date: 5/19/2008
    Time: 1:38:54 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: BLACKBERRY
    Description:
    {xxx@xxx.com} Send() failed: ERR_FAIL, Tag=2083346

Any ideas?

Thanks

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    I have seen this issue happen when the cdo.dll isn't up to date. There are 2 rules of thought on this. Some say they should match between exchange and the BES but I say always go with the newest one you can get, reason is the cdo.dll on bes doesn't talk to the cdo.dll on exchange its a direct connection to exchange. hope that helps.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

Already checked cdo file on both and they do match. That was one of the first things I checked.

Thanks

dlogsdon no está en línea BES Pro
    Check two things, first make sure you are up to date on BES Sp4 or Sp5.
    Then check the permissions on the user accounts, they should have the "propagate permissions from parent" check box checked.
    Also you can test by setting up a outlook profile using the BESadmin account and try to create a calendar entry on the users calendar.
    -Drew

I'm on SP5 and permissions are set to propagate down. But, that did get me thinking and after some digging I found that our BESadmin account didn't have "Recieve As" permissions. This seems to be the cure but I'm hoping the AdminSDHolder doesn't reverse my changes.

Stay tuned ...

Update: I seem to be all set here. Adding "receive as" permissions to the BESadmin corrected this.
    Last edited by leob; 06-03-2008 at 01:41 PM.