What do all of these accronymns mean? I have my work email pushed to my ... Server Admins forum

Da3m0n no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    300F464F

BES....BIS........ahhhh confused

Advertisement

What do all of these accronymns mean? I have my work email pushed to my BB, this is BES correct? I used enterprise activation with my IPD department. So does this mean they can also see my emails i get through my blackberry account too? or is this just through my cellular company (alltel). And correct me if im wrong, but, When i connect to the internet from "internet browser" this is through Cellular company too right? So what is the "Blackberry Browser"? Sorry for the newbie questions but the more time i spend on this site the more information i get confused with one another. This place has a wealth of information though i love it!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: BES....BIS........ahhhh confused

What is BIS: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=2223
    What is BES: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...hread.php?t=30

In my own words: BES is through your company, BIS is personal emails you set up.

All BES related information can be monitored by your employer, BIS cannot.

Internet Browser is provided by your service provider, BlackBerry Browser is a controlled browser by your BES admin, in other words they can choose what sites you can view and what bookmarks you have.

PIN/ID
    300F464F

ok so i can not connect to the Blackberry browser only the Internet browser, so im on the carriers plan there. But when i get emails to my blackberry email ' da3m0n@alltel.blackberry.com ' does my company know im getting them?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

You can connect to the BlackBerry Browser all you want, some BES admins do control what you can view, but if yours is like mine, you are able to view whatever site you want. For a while I just hid my BlackBerry Browser cuz I have 3, BlackBerry Browser, Internet Browser and Opera Mini.

If you get an message from an email you set up yourself, not one provided by your company then they cannot see what you are emailing. I have 1 email from my company, thats my BES email, and I have 2 Yahoo, 1 Comcast, 1 Gmail and my @nextel.blackberry.net address, and they cannot see any of them, except for the BES email.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

But I also believe that if you are on BES they can prevent you from setting up personal(BIS) email.

PIN/ID
    300F464F

not sure about that.....i managed to set one up.....im thinking im going to call my IPD department tomorrow and ask them what they can do......and what they cant do..thanks for your input though!