I am running a BES 4.1.3 and am looking for a simple solution to back ... Server Admins forum

Lornedawg no está en línea Stack level 1

BES Backup

Advertisement

I am running a BES 4.1.3 and am looking for a simple solution to back up all the users data. Does anyone have any solutions? I am new to this BES administration and have been asked to find a way to back up everyones data.

Thanks..LC

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Re: BES Backup

What do you want to backup? If you are using exchange and you back that system up then, you are backing there data up. I know Lotus is the same. All the user data is kept on the mail server and not on the BES Server. All it does if route the data to and from the devices. As far as the configuration of the system, you can use any of the shelf, or the the included backup software built into the OS.

Lornedawg no está en línea Stack level 1

Basically it is for rebuilding the BES Exchange server. I am planning on taking down the existing box and going to a rack mount. Although should I ever need to rebuild everything it would be nice to have a backup of users etc... instead of putting everyone back in.

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well depending on what sql server your using you should just go to the location, click on the physical database file, right click, copy, and past it to another location. This is how I've done it in the past.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Quote Originally Posted by diabloboi87
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well depending on what sql server your using you should just go to the location, click on the physical database file, right click, copy, and past it to another location. This is how I've done it in the past.
    That is what i would do, it is the easiest thing to do.