hey all. i am on a company bes and last month i updated my OS ... Server Admins forum

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

BES back up?

Advertisement

hey all.

i am on a company bes and last month i updated my OS on the 8830. After the update, i hooked it up to the DM and then all of sudden my information started to download on to my BB.

although that was very cool but the information was a 3-4 weeks old. so i am guess my bb is backed up some where...

is there a way for me to update this so when i go to update my os tomorrow i would have the latest backup?

Thanks

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    I can't figure out how you can do that. The list of databases (data) on the BlackBerry is here. The list of databases NOT saved on the BES is here.
    When you did the upgrade, did you allow it to do a full backup and restore? Was Desktop Manager configured for your BES connection?

Your settings, bookmarks, etc. should have been restored from either the backup or the BES. Your data should have been restored from either the backup or your host email system.

I have to admit, I'm at a loss!
    JerryD

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4
    when i did the upgrade... i hooked it to DM and within seconds my Calender, Notes, Bookmarks, Tasks, Address books etc started to show up on my bb... i didnt have to do a restore for say...

the issue is that the info was a month old and that kinda messed me up... and i wasnt sure if i push the latest info in to the server so when i do the upgrade again it will have the latest info,

i hope this make sense,