We just got a BES server and a handful of 8830 phones for our company. ... Server Admins forum

asokolic no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BES & Terminal Server

We just got a BES server and a handful of 8830 phones for our company. We now know that per blackberry you are not able to intall BES on a box running terminal server. Does anyone have a workaround for this? As all of our box's are running TS. Is it possible to turn off TS and then put it back on after the installation of BES and will the software run in that fashion even if BB does not support it. Any help would be appreciated.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: BES & Terminal Server

Hmmm... a BES expert should be along any minute to help out..
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

tburke no está en línea Stack level 2

Heck, I have BES running on one box that is also a Terminal Server, and the Exchange Server. Although the config is not reccomended by RIM it's rock stable and works fine.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    Ask Plz

you have to change the mode of the server to install mode and then you can install it. the current server is set to handle client connections and not to allow users to handle the installation of software. You have to log in with the domain admin account and then change the server to install mode instead of host mode.

Here is a KB on changing to install mode on TS. It is for Win 2000 but, commands work on 2003 also.

Give it a try and if you need anyting pin me.

hauphan no está en línea Stack level 1

I don't think there's a problem installing BES with TS, but it is a no-no to install BES via TS.