Hi, We are about to change our wiereless provider. Is there anything that needs to ... Server Admins forum

BitCom no está en línea Stack level 1

BES and switching carriers

Advertisement

Hi,

We are about to change our wiereless provider. Is there anything that needs to be done on BES?
    Carrier 1 (existing one) provided us with BES and user licenses. I assume we are going to get BES user licenses from carrier 2. Does anyone have any expirience with this?

Thanks

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: BES and switching carriers

BES is not carrier dependent. All you should have to do is activate your new devices and off you go! In fact, you can run devices from multiple carriers on one BES. Your licenses will not be affected at all.

asavage5 no está en línea Stack level 1

We are moving from AT&T to Verizon as our contracts run out...so we are currently running both through our BES. When the user gets a new BB from Verizon all we do is run the activation again and they are none the wiser...they just have a new toy

BitCom no está en línea Stack level 1

I see...I just was not sure if BES SRP Identifier and Authentication Key were in any way related to carrier.

Thanks a lot guys

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Nope, they are not related to carrier at all...only RIM.

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB the srp is only for you to connect to RIM it has nothing to do with the carrier. (wap.pinstack.com)~

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f260fb

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Same with my company. We have BES servers located in 3 datacenters globally and they all serve multiple carriers. It all works just fine.

mrtonetone no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have verizon wireless and t-mobile devices on my BES with no issues. Just activate like normal on whatever carrier.

ryldup no está en línea Stack level 1

A BES license is a BES license is a BES license. Your original carrier will not want to tell you this, or your new carrier. They like you to buy everything from them. My govt Nextel rep was open and honest about the BES licenses and servers. You can make your own server if your IT staff have the hardware already, but the networks will want you to purchase everything from them. The BES has nothing to do with your carrier and like everyone previously has said, has everything to do with RIM. It's where they make the rest of their share of the pie. We were paying $75/BES license. We got a deal on our original 50 licenses. That's part of the RIMM earnings is that BES license.

Nexcom Group no está en línea Stack level 1

make sure your data plan on the new carrier is correct for enterprise services. Example for at&t if you choose the blackberry personal plan for 29.99 it will not work on enterprise svc but you choose the blackberry 44.99 plan that says enterprise is included it will work on the BES.