Ok, I went with myexchangemail.com and finally got everything working wirelessly except I could not ... Server Admins forum

cmpfau no está en línea Stack level 2

BES and Receiving Emails

Advertisement

Ok, I went with myexchangemail.com and finally got everything working wirelessly except I could not recieve emails. At work we do use exchane server but they don't support BB's. When I called myexchangemail.com they told me that I had to have my email be forward from my work emails to my myexchangemail.com exchange service. This worked but I notice that everytime I reply to an email it gets sent right back to me. Also, when someone sends me, the first section is about this being forwarded. This is not what I had in mind. Is this right in the set up, if it is I don't like it. Is there something that I can do so I do not have to go thru 2 exchanges to get my emails? I do not have BB desktop set up and I have a 8830 from Sprint. I hope someone can help me.

Re: BES and Receiving Emails

Let me ask this. Using an outside exchange company and not be able to receive emails. Will installing BB desktop and using BES on it, will that solve the problem? I am just having a rough time figuring this out and know there is a easier solution that what they have me doing?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~did you try using desktop redirector instead? Why not instead just forward the emails to a BIS account and add you work email as the reply to? Then any emails will forward to the BB and the reply will go to your work email.

You did not mention calendar or tasks, so I assume you are not using this for them.

I need calendar and tasks, sorry for that. Myexchangemail.com is working on the problem over the weekend for me and will let me know if it is possible. They also have a new service that would allow me to use my works exchange and they host BES for me. So I think that is the way to go.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by cmpfau
    When I called myexchangemail.com they told me that I had to have my email be forward from my work emails to my myexchangemail.com exchange service. This worked but I notice that everytime I reply to an email it gets sent right back to me.
    That's to be expected. When you reply, the reply is addressed to the sender. When you reply to forwarded email you're replying to the forwarder -- not the original sender.

If you explained your needs to ExchangeMyMail they should have actually recommended SoloSync http://www.exchangemymail.com/solosync.asp in the first place. Hope they get this straightened out for you.

Whatever you do, do not use Redirector. It's nothing but trouble.

cnitzken no está en línea Stack level 1

I had a 8700c blackberry, left it at walmart - not smart - all gone. SO,,,, today i got a pearl. I could always get my exchange mail on the 8700c, the pearl is asking for BES, we don't have that or the money for it. what can I do? I did make a rule in Outlook to copy to that account, but I want both on my mobile. Please help