So my company refuses to install a BES server at work. So I'm stuck in ... Server Admins forum

csima no está en línea Stack level 1

BES and OWA

Advertisement

So my company refuses to install a BES server at work. So I'm stuck in a situation of not being able to do OTA sync with our exchange server. So my ideal solution is a BES server that is externally hosted from the company and takes my OWA username and password and syncs with exchane via OWA. 1. Is this possible can I buy my own server and set it up to sync via OWA?
    2. If it is are their companies offering a service like this?

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BES and OWA

BIS already does OWA sync...just add your email and it'll do the rest. No need for a BES.

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I use it myself that way all the time.

tcv
    tcv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32b86b00

Except with OWA sync, one cannot get folders other than Inbox, correct? And what about Calendar and Contacts?

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

True - it only syncs mail in the inbox folder. I don't think you can just hook up a BES server to an Exchange server outside the company firewall. And you sure as hell can't have it use OWA...

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

Yeah, my company won't let me get on the bes either so I just use owa. I have rules set up in out look at work, so all the emails I would need to read at home just goto my inbox, and everything else goes into other folders to read at work. Good luck!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kasperapd no está en línea Stack level 3

OWA will only sync one-way. From device back to server. So if you are having BIS pull all your work email from your OWA, you'll get all emails on your Outlook account, and on your BB. Now if you are at work, and lets say you get 100 emails, and you read all of them from your PC and then move or delete them, you're still going to get those 100 emails on you device since it doesn't have two-way sync. That's a downside, upside is that at least you can get your work email.

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I connect to my PC @ work to sync all my contact & calender events. But then again I do have admin access.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It amazes me that there are many programs that sync w owa for mac,pc and wm but no one has written one yet for bb. We have ones for gcal .. Write one for owa and you will make millions