We've been running a BES here for about a year and I must say...HUGE FAN! ... Server Admins forum

DICKO no está en línea Stack level 1

BES & Overseas users

Advertisement

We've been running a BES here for about a year and I must say...HUGE FAN!

All Blackberry users have, up until now, been users of our default email domain company.com.au

I have recently brought our US guys over onto our exchange server with the domain company.us

Can someone tell me if there is ANYTHING special I have to do to enable these guys to use our BES, or is it simply a case of getting them to buy a BB in the US, getting it Enterprise enabled by their local provider and then connecting as per normal (email address & password).

I can't see anywhere on the BES where I need to define a new domain. Does it just know from the exchange server what's there? we connect to the srp in Singapore... does that make a difference, or are they linked somehow?

Any help anyone can give me, would be much appreciated.

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro
    We are a US based company with employees in other countries. We have a single BES and we have people who bought their devices here is the US and overseas. We have not had any issues. We had a mail server in another country and that was very problematic when we ran Ent. Activation because of the slow connection between it and our BES, once setup it ran fine. There wasn't anything special we had to do.

knottyrope no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I think he was asking about adding a domain more than over seas connectivity.

x14
    x14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DICKO View Post
    simply a case of getting them to buy a BB in the US, getting it Enterprise enabled by their local provider and then connecting as per normal (email address & password).
    That's all you have to do.