Hello all. My company has BES and we were with nextel. I had a 7520 ... Server Admins forum

jkgreenstein no está en línea Stack level 1

BES and outlook calender sync issues

Advertisement

Hello all. My company has BES and we were with nextel. I had a 7520 and had an ongoing issue. When calender sync is on I get NO meeting invite's on my BB and when sync is off they show up as email's with no option to accept or decline. Either way they Do show up in my inbox in outlook as they are supposed to. We just moved to verizon and I got an 8703e. We hoped the problem would remedy itself with the new handheld but it has not. My admin is at a loss and I'm the only one in the company with this problem. Please help!

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    If this issue is ongoing I would think it more than likely is an exchange issue. Have your BES admin remove you from the BES server and then wipe your handheld. Have the admin add you back to the BES and reactivate. See if that helps. Since you have changed phones and carriers it probably wont but I wanted to say it.
    Next, I would delete your .pst file and .ost files and recreate your profile. If that doesn't do it recreate your exchange account.
    Let us know what happens
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver

jkgreenstein no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

We did wipe and no change. Hopefully this will work. Thanks. It's so weird and it's a huge pain in the ***. Everything worked for a while then it just started doing this.

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Quote Originally Posted by jkgreenstein View Post
    Hello all. My company has BES and we were with nextel. I had a 7520 and had an ongoing issue. When calender sync is on I get NO meeting invite's on my BB and when sync is off they show up as email's with no option to accept or decline. Either way they Do show up in my inbox in outlook as they are supposed to. We just moved to verizon and I got an 8703e. We hoped the problem would remedy itself with the new handheld but it has not. My admin is at a loss and I'm the only one in the company with this problem. Please help!
    Hi JK,

The first thing I would check is to be sure that you have no rules set up to divert calendar requests to other locations, and also be sure that the calendar you're using is the proper calendar (Falling under your mailbox - %username% tree and not in a PST file/folder).

If you have rules set up and a desktop machine always running, your desktop client can pick up the message/request and divert it to a folder which is outside the realm of the BB Director before it even sees it.

If that doesn't help, please answer:

What version of Outlook are you using?
    Operating system?

Hope this helps...

bsteenkamp no está en línea Stack level 1
    Similar issue with one of our sites. They are able to schedule meeting on BB, which updates Outlook, but not vice versa. We have various sites with their own Exchange 2003 servers, using one BES, Outlook 2003/2007. I've confirmed that CDO.dll files are exactly the same on Exchange and BES, confirmed that BESAdmin has required level of access, BESAdmin is not Domain Admin. This affects only that site, so thinking it is Exchange related. I created a test user in AD, activated a Blackberry for that account (with some difficulty, eventually gave up wireless and went via Desktop Manager), no rules/delegates etc. No calendar synch. Anyody have something similar and have advice?