I do not know if this question has been covered or not, but I will ... Server Admins forum

hsh750 no está en línea Stack level 2

BES and individual BB 8800 use

Advertisement

I do not know if this question has been covered or not, but I will post here and hopefully get referrred to the right thread. I have my private BB 8800 and have it registered and set up to use privately and for my personal buisness. The company that I work for has BES and recently I have been in situations where I can use my BB for company buisness. I have asked to get on the comoany BES and they told me I could and tried to walk me thru the steps to actvate my registration with them, but I keep getting a message telling me that the server is not responding, please contact my system administrator. My question is can you use the BB for personal buisness and hook to the BES when you need to. Or is the BES full time?

Thanks for any help in this matter.
    hsh750

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Re: BES and individual BB 8800 use

It is BES all the time after you put it on, also if you do it you need to make sure that they give you an unrestricted policy on it since you can block what is done on the device with BES.

abagel84 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EE4CE5

Did you change your BB feature to include BES access with your service provider?

I have changed my service with my provider to the BES and I still get this message: Error occured please contact your system administrator.
    Is this a Cingular problem or is it my Company's problem????
    I have the bb set up for personal e-mail accounts already. I am just wondering if I need to clear all the info out and reset the bb to the original settings and start the setup wizard over again this time using a BES rather than not as I did before.
    Will this rectify the problem.

gnab01 no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    23F21180

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you will need to do a Security Wipe (Settings>Options>Security Options>General Settings, then press the Menu key and click Wipe Handheld. Click Continuean the typre the word 'blackb erry' and press Enter) before you activate it. You can re-add your personal email afterwards.

sdeforke no está en línea Stack level 1

You do not need to wipe anything, this is a result of the Enterprise Activation password not being set on the BES. Contact your BES Admin and have them reset your password, then try to activate again.

Got it. Mt BES administrator had to reset my access. Works fine now except that all my emails, personal and buisness go in to my message box... There has got to be a way to seperate them. I have three email accounts, 2 personal and 1 buisness. I have only 3 in boxes, Messages and 2 personal emails. My personal emails go to there perspective boxes and my message box. My Buisness email also goes to the message box. But when I delete the personal messages out of the message box, it deletes it from the both boxes. Is there a setting for each acount or for the entire e-mail set up for seperation.

JJTX77 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205CC334

Thumbs down Re: BES and individual BB 8800 use

Unfortunately, no. The behaviour you describe is by design. Hopefully RIM will make it possible to split each mailbox into a different box someday.

J.J.