I currently have a Treo650 and am looking at switching over to a Blackberry. On ... Server Admins forum

BigEd no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203BD12F

BES and email accounts reply to

Advertisement

I currently have a Treo650 and am looking at switching over to a Blackberry. On my Treo email app, when I recieve a email from one of the accounts I have and I go to reply to the email, it allows me to pick which account I want to reply to from.
    I understand that if I'm using the BIS platform I cannot choose from several email accounts. I was wondering if I subscribed to a 3rd party BES if it would allow me to do this?

I really don't understand BES. I have used BIS years ago

Thanks in Advance
    Ed

Ook
    Ook no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: BES and email accounts reply to

We run a BES in our environment but I don't think it has the options you refer to. You can't even access a different mailbox, let alone "Send As" a different mailbox/user. Would be a good one for RIM's request sheet (and I bet you it's already been on there for a while).

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

I've asked our Cingular reps and RIM support the same question last year, it is not possible to send emails from a different account. :cry:

It would be sweet for RIM to work on this feature.
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

T-Mobile's BIS will allow you to choose the account you're replying from.

rich615 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32c115c2

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~If your bb is being hosted on a BES and also linked up with your service provider's BIS site, you have the option of which account you send your message from.

When you begin typing the new message from handheld, scroll up to the very top of the screen and you should see a listing that says "Send Using". If your bb is linked with both a BIS and a BES you will be able to change between the two. You're options should be Default or Web Client. If you select Web Client, the email will be sent through your BIS account. If you select Default it will be sent through the address that is linked with BES.
    Hope this helps!

Joebanana no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204fae23

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~The BIS a/c setup page allows you to configure your replies with a rely-to address. But I don't think you can change it on the fly for each email you send.