Greetings, I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this too, ... Server Admins forum

bhaxprime no está en línea Stack level 1

BES and BIS messages

Advertisement

Greetings,

I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this too, but I have done due diligence in searching and haven’t found a solution for what I need.

I am rolling out a BES for Exchange server and I am having issues with some of my users and want to know if there is a way to do this.

With an Enterprise activated phone all messages show in the messages folders. Now my users also use BIS for synching to their personal emails. Prior to BES, they used BIS for both work and personal email and that gave them two icons on their BB desktops, and able to view email only on those accounts. That is gone and now all messages are under the main message icon. Now I can view to folders and see only the Exchange email on their account, but I would like an Icon to but on the BB desktop that would go right to that folder so they can see only the BES emails without the other messages in the view.

Anyone now of a shortcut of any kind that can accomplish this?

Thanks,
    -Ben

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA
    BES mail goes to main Messages folder, doesn't get its own icon like BIS.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA
    There is something called Empower BES Mailbox which will separate the two for the price of 19$

http://www.getempower.com/Empower_BES_MailBox.php

the free alternative is is creating a search and shortcut key.

go to messages. menu and search.
    find services and set it to Desktop. save
    give me search a name and shortcut key.

thats about the only way. I know empower offers a product to separate BES from BIS but that will cost you

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    First off, check and see if the icons are hidden (alt-click/show all), if that doesn't show them log onto their bis account through the carier portal and resend service books. That doesn't work, check you IT policy's to see if you blocked bis activity, and enable it if its diabled. If that doesn't work pin me 318F08FE , and we can talk further...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Nico57 no está en línea Stack level 2
    You can have a BES-only icon with 4.1.5.
    This means upgrading to the latest not-widely-tested and should-be-out-already release, but I guess it's not a big deal if you're on a new deployment.

The feature defaults to off, once BES 4.1.5 is running, you need to run some SQL script to turn it on.
    See http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...00%20108104915

SP5 should be downloadable in a few hours...