Hello everyone, Up until now I've used a BIS solution, but I got a free ... Server Admins forum

lieb39 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Bes & Bis

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

Up until now I've used a BIS solution, but I got a free license of BES Express, so I've setup myself a Exchange solution with BES. Now, I understand there are complications when trying to go from BIS to BES&BIS. So, I've set my BIS account to another device for now, wiped my main device, activated the device via Desktop Manger (Since 'Wireless Activiation' would disappear right away on the device when I turned on wireless) and yet, nothing. My device is getting GPRS but no service books for my BES, nothing. My BES isn't complaining either..

What needs to be done? Do I need to call up my ISP and tell them to switch BIS to BES on my account?

Thanks,

lieb39
    Anyone who is familiar and willing to discuss/help me with BES, add me to your BB Messenger! Cheers :)

lieb39 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: Bes & Bis

Issue Resolved - I rung up my service provider, asked to be switched to a BES account and all works now. Haven't checked if a BIS will work ontop of it yet though..

Cheers
    Anyone who is familiar and willing to discuss/help me with BES, add me to your BB Messenger! Cheers :)

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thanks for the update.

You should have no trouble with BIS, but let us know in case...

mtribemorgan no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm just about to go through the same senario hope its a smooth transition, ill be great to have both BES and BIS

clafhn no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm running BES and BIS on all of our handhelds - bear in mind that you have to specify this to your wireless carrier. I've spoken to way too many carrier tech support people who just don't understand that I want to run BOTH! They have to provision the handheld for one or both - hence why the wireless activation icon disappeared when when you switched on the wireless radio.

If they tell you it can't be done, they're not doing their job - I've got it working (eventually!) with all major carriers here in Australia!