Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey there! I'm using the Nokia e61i in Dubai and have blackberry. I am using ... Server Admins forum

robsonmathew no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BES Admin's Friend: Complete BES Troubleshooting

Advertisement

Hey there!

I'm using the Nokia e61i in Dubai and have blackberry. I am using BES corporate account. But the messages are getting very delayed.

Can someone please help me out... gimme a call 050 6847257Appreciate it
    Robson.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Please post a more complete description of the problem you are experiencing in a separate thread. Include information like what version of BES you are on (if known), what device and device software version are you using, and the exact symptoms you are experiencing.

Quote Originally Posted by robsonmathew View Post
    Hey there!

I'm using the Nokia e61i in Dubai and have blackberry. I am using BES corporate account. But the messages are getting very delayed.

Can someone please help me out... gimme a call 050 6847257Appreciate it
    Robson.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

l8nitesurfer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF6C73

HELP!!! I am new to the BES software.. We have recently had MS Exchange issues which has seemed to break the conection with the hand held. My user (yes one user at this time). The BES software states that the policy have been resent and that there are no issues however he can not send and recieve from is BB. Is there some thing I need to re-enable on his phone. ???

Thanks for the help!

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Remove him off the BES, Add him again and do another Enterprise Activation.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

PIN/ID
    23DF6C73

ahhh Can i just resend the enterprise activation? or will that not work?

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Delete him from the BES. I would also wipe the device AFTER I backed it up. Then Add him back to the BES and then do another Enterprise Activation.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

PIN/ID
    23DF6C73

Wow this is gonna be a pain! Thanks for the help I will do the wipe and recreate his account.

mcmichaels no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Troubleshooting/Guides - Enterprise Activation

The Known Issue listed below is haunting me. No Outlook Contacts are appearing after several re-activation attempts. Email is being received, though. We are on BES. This user is 1 of 5. The others have no problems. This user was not activated at time of server upgrade (b/c warranty replacement issue), while others were. Do you have any updated information on this problem from your last post?

Thank you in advance! I'm new and my IT guys don't know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Here are some quick links to RIM support articles on BES Activations. I've added links to the most common issues and will continue to do so:

Known Issues - Some or all contacts do not synchronize after a device activation
    Danna Seigle,
    McMichael's Construction Co., Inc.
    www.mcmichaelsconstruction.com

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716

Re: Troubleshooting/Guides - Enterprise Activation

Quote Originally Posted by mcmichaels View Post
    The Known Issue listed below is haunting me. No Outlook Contacts are appearing after several re-activation attempts. Email is being received, though. We are on BES. This user is 1 of 5. The others have no problems. This user was not activated at time of server upgrade (b/c warranty replacement issue), while others were. Do you have any updated information on this problem from your last post?

Thank you in advance! I'm new and my IT guys don't know what to do.
    This doesn't have a set resolution yet, but you and the IT guys can try these workarounds.

• New contacts or updates to contacts that were wirelessly synchronized prior to the upgrade of BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1 do not appear on the BlackBerry device
    • BlackBerry device users who need to reactivate their BlackBerry devices receive some or no contacts in the BlackBerry device Address Book.

Cause

This issue occurs because contacts created prior to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server upgrade cannot be processed correctly when the BlackBerry devices are reactivated.
    Contacts that are missing from the BlackBerry device Address Book after activation were created or modified before the BlackBerry Enterprise Server upgrade. Thus, a contact list with only some entries indicates that those contacts were created or modified after the upgrade. If no contacts appear in the list, then no contacts were created or modified after the upgrade.

Resolution

This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

Workaround

The following workarounds may resolve the issue.
    Workaround 1
    Turn off, and then turn on wireless synchronization. To do this, complete the following steps:
    1. From the Home screen on the BlackBerry device, click Address Book.
    2. Open the menu, and then select Options.
    3. Set Wireless Synchronization to No.
    4. Delete all the contacts on the BlackBerry device. For instructions, follow the procedure outlined in KB05313.
    5. In the BlackBerry Manager, select a new subscribed address book for the BlackBerry device user.
    6. From the Home screen on the BlackBerry device, click Address Book.
    7. Open the menu, and then select Options.
    8. Set Wireless Synchronization to Yes.
    9. The contacts from the new Address Book will be wirelessly synchronized to the BlackBerry device.
    Workaround 2
    Complete the following steps:
    1. <LI ol="ol">Remove the affected account from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
    2. Add the account to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
    3. Assign the Address Book to the account.
    4. Delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry device. For instructions, see KB02318.
    5. Perform an activation of the BlackBerry device.
    Workaround 3
    1. From the Home screen, click Options > Status.
    2. Check the File Free and File Total fields to ensure that there is available space on the BlackBerry device.
    Workaround 4
    1. If the BlackBerry device user has thousands of contacts in the Microsoft Outlook address book, perform a wired synchronization of the BlackBerry device Address Book.
    2. Perform an enterprise activation. For instructions, see KB03674.

StuTheNetTech no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you for all the links but to let you know your wireless calender link is dead. no probs.

Tim_W no está en línea Stack level 2
    This mesage means that you have a "symbol" the BES Server doesn't like when the BES is syncing your Contact list (from the Outlook client) during the activation process. In other works, you probably have a semicolon some where within your contacts list and for some reason the BES doesn't like it. I've ran into this many times but when adding end users to the BES. After the activation process is done, I check the end user's device against their Outlook data and they have all of their information (ex: e-mail messages, contact list, meeting notices,etc). It is just something weird the BES does sometime during the activation process. I know this doesn't give you a good answer but I hope this helps.

joel-huebner no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hayden,

Just an FYI, you links are broken to the BES documentation.

JLH

qc_metal no está en línea Developer

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I am now on a BES for my company i am running .282 on rogers, i have added the 1GB BES Data to my account. my BES just freezes when i do the activation it worked on this device before. I was running .266 then updated to .282 now it will not activate my bes. Any thing else i should try ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12