TOday i was asked a very interesting question from a friend who just got a ... Server Admins forum

ToY9CiTo no está en línea Stack level 2

BES Administrative Surveillance....

Advertisement

TOday i was asked a very interesting question from a friend who just got a 8700c from his job under BES..this is the question maybe you guys out there on BES can help him out since i am on BIS.

He asked me if he installed Google talk and Yahoo messengers on his BB 8700c will his job or the BES Administrator be able to supervice Record and/or See his conversations thru Google talk or Yahoo messengers ? Thanks for the Input if you have any knowledge it would be appreciated...

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro

Re: BES Administrative Surveillance....

Using Blackberry Messenger, SMS, Phone and PIN messenging BES is able to log all communications, I have not tried Google or Yahoo.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~That is a GREAT question. I'm not on BES, but I may be soon if my company decides to take the plunge, and would definitely like to know the answer before I get myself into trouble. I can see the headlines now, "Employees Fired After Instant Messaging Via BlackBerry About Boss's Toupee`". LOL

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Best to assume that they have that ability.

But just because the ability is there doesn't mean they exercise it.

supraz no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ wow good info to know my boss was just asking if I wanted to connect to our bes

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Don't assume that anything on a company-owned BES-connected Blackberry is private from your employer.

skyryen no está en línea Stack level 1

Use the WAP Browser or Internet Browser instead... BES is unable to track your browsed web pages. However, your telco still can. But thats another story as the Telco is unlikely to release these details if the SIM card is registered under your own personal name (and not registered under company account).