hi i got 4 blackberrys mostly 7103 i believe, anyways none of them seem to ... Server Admins forum

darthjersey no está en línea Stack level 1

Question bes activation help please

Advertisement

hi i got 4 blackberrys mostly 7103 i believe, anyways none of them seem to want to activate, ive reset each one and tried, had the admin re-add the names.nsf to the bes and re-add their account for activation as well

some reason the admins who are at another location were able to activate one of them as a test, all of them have 4 bars of gprs

we use lotus notes by the way, anyways any ideas? it just sits at activing, then says retrying later on, ive waited up to 1 hour on one of them

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Re: bes activation help please

ok lets make sure some basics are taken care of.

Make sure you have a data plan for these phones.

Email address and activation password are typed in correctly also make sure the account is setup on the BES.

Can you surf the net via the blackberries or use blackberry messenger?

If all eles fails make a backup copy and wipe the device then try activation.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

yeah sorry forgot to say, we are re-activating them as last resort, they are unable to receive/send emails, and yes they all have data plans, like i said the admin from a dif loc used a test bb and was able to activate one of the accounts, but where i am its not working, it worked for another one, but not these 4

also are you able to backup your bb using desktop mgr, but different bb's on the same pc, meaning i only have 1 pc, 4 blackberries, can i do it? thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Is lack of email capability the only symptom? Can the send / receive PIN to PIN messages?

Rcbjr.

PS I moved this to the BES Admin Forum for more visibility from our experts.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Yes, you can backup multiple blackberries on the same computer. Just create a seperate folder for each blackberry and put the corresponding backup file in the appropriate folder.

Also try resending the service books before you wipe and reactivate and have your admin check the logs on the BES for anything odd.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Follow me on Twitter!

ok thanks, im trying one again now, i just wiped out the device, turned on the wireless, got 4 bars of gprs, but its still sitting at "activating..."

they were re-added to the bes yesterday, verified the password and email are correct, sitting on activate, im not sure why these 4 arent activating but i was able to do an activation fine the other day, also like i said about 20 miles from here at our other location, the bes admin was able to activate one of the accounts im trying on a test blackberry so i dont know whats going on

update - the one im trying now, has 5 bars of gprs, after 10 mins of it saying activating....

it now says retrying again, it was doing this yesterday and then after awhile it just says activation failed contact admin
    Last edited by darthjersey; 10-26-2007 at 09:35 AM.

Who is your provider? And is gprs in all caps like GPRS or is it lower?

EDIT: ok time for me to call in the reinforcements
    Last edited by jrockett; 10-26-2007 at 10:23 AM.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Follow me on Twitter!

sorry its GPRS, now the one that the admin was able to activate from his location is working, the others arent though

we use tmobile and at&t

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

One way to test is use an external gmail account as the enterprise activation account and a bogus password then check your gmail account to see if the activation emails are being sent. If they are there then verify that your spam filter isn't catching the activation emails before the BB server can see them.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

hey after several times of re-adding the accounts to the bes, i was finally able to activate them, one by one, weird..

Odd, but I'm glad they are activating for you.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Follow me on Twitter!

dbh1 no está en línea Stack level 2

I am trying to activate on BES. It just says "Activating [myemail adress]..." and then sits there. On outlook, the encoded activation email appears. This is on a new BESE server that was set up just for this device. I also switched from BIS to BES with tmobile only a few hours ago. I've already tried refreshing the service books and I am now wiping the device for a 2nd time. My thoughts:

1) tmobile hasn't upgraded me yet. If so, how do I definitively check? Is there a different service book name I should look for?
    2) something is setup incorrectly on the BESE server. What are the key things I should look for
    3) Some firewall issue on the Lan with the BESE and Exchange Servers?
    4) Is there some other way to activate? USB?

Half way through the process we also tried adding some of the wifi (the device is a curve) info to the BESE server but that didn't help. It will probably not end up working that way since the wifi router is outside the LAN.