I manage BB support for a large company, all aspects of the BB administration are ... Server Admins forum

grahamcl1 no está en línea Stack level 1

BES - activated everything syncs except inbox

Advertisement

I manage BB support for a large company, all aspects of the BB administration are split into many diffrent departments. I cannot find who I need to contact to figure this issue out.

The Issue is that every once in a while I activate (or reactivate) a phone with BES and it completes successfully. However all contacts, sent items, calendar, and tasks sync fine, But the inbox never syncs and no emails ever get delivered to the phone. I have wiped the phone and reactivated sevral times with no luck. Hopefully someone out there has run into this befor and has some insight they are willing to share with me.

Thank You
    -Grahamcl1

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716

Re: BES - activated everything syncs except inbox

You should check to see what version of the BES you're running because it might need to be updated. Also, find out the dates of the emails that won't sync. In addition, make sure the device you've activated is totally deleted from the BES server before you wipe it. That often makes the difference since a previously activated BlackBerry smartphone is re-activated on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server with the same personal identification number (PIN). The issue occurs because the BlackBerry smartphone user account was not removed from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server prior to activation. Email pre-population only works when the PIN is new (new BlackBerry smartphone user), or changed (new BlackBerry smartphone).

grahamcl1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BES - activated everything syncs except inbox

Thank you, I am currently trying your idea.
    I forgot to mention that the phone is a replacement phone that is what sparked the reactivation. So there is no date on the last email as none are on the phone at all. sent items do appear on the phone almost instantly after sending an email from the desktop. I will have the account rebuilt and wipe the phone and reactivate again. I will post my progress here. again Thank You for your insight and quick response.

Damhna no está en línea Stack level 1
    That guy didnt get back , but I can tell you I had the exact same situation.
    Replacement BB. Activated Okay. Everything Snyc'd. Could send email. Empty Inbox.

Your solution worked.
    I used a test device and activated it on his account. No inbox.Then I killed the account on BES, waited 5 minutes, did not wipe the phone , performed activation , all worked perfectly.

I then deleted the account again , called my user, had him activate without a wipe, all worked perfectly.

Cheers.