My BlackBerry 8320 is not receiving POP mail through the BlackBerry email app. Connectivity and ... Server Admins forum

WhyZeeGuy no está en línea Stack level 1

BES Account Cancelled

Advertisement

My BlackBerry 8320 is not receiving POP mail through the BlackBerry email app. Connectivity and Internet access are working fine, and I can view POP email using Google's BB email client, but not the BB email client. Google email client sucks royally....

Issue started a few days after I was laid-off from the company I was working for. I believe they've deactivated my email account on the BES but according to carrier support my device is still tied to BES server & its rules, and they suggested I contact the IT dept and have them issue a blank profile to release my 8320 from the BES Server.

Does this sound accurate?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: BES Account Cancelled

WhyZeeGuy, this will work much easier for you: http://blackberry.ig3.net/.

You rock dude

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

That will remove his IT policy but if the unit is still tied to the company BES, then he needs them to release his pin also.

Zo

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

The company could have disabled email redirection but kept the phone active on the BES. Or, the phone is deleted from the BES but the policy won't disappear on its own. Good luck on removing it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0
    Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta
    The company could have disabled email redirection but kept the phone active on the BES. Or, the phone is deleted from the BES but the policy won't disappear on its own. Good luck on removing it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    By following the link posted above one can easily remove a previous IT policy.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

First, if you were receiving your email before you were laid off, there was no IT Policy restricing your receiving BIS email, so there's no need to go through the remove IT policy procedure in the first reply.

Your first option is to log into the t-Mobile BIS site and resend your service books.

However, I suspect you'll need to ontact t-Mobile. And I'd do it quickly if I were you. If you have Internet access but no BlackBerry service, all that Internet traffic may not be covered and you could be racking up per kb charges!
    JerryD

BigL no está en línea Stack level 1

BES Policies

The BES administrator for the company has to remove your devices pin from the BB enerprise server policy vault. Even if you master reset the devce it does not wipe out policys that were pushed down by the BES. This is a security feature, in the case that a hgh profile device is lost or stolen.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: BES Policies

Quote Originally Posted by BigL
    The BES administrator for the company has to remove your devices pin from the BB enerprise server policy vault. Even if you master reset the devce it does not wipe out policys that were pushed down by the BES. This is a security feature, in the case that a hgh profile device is lost or stolen.
    Actually, all BlackBerries ALWAYS have an IT Policy. The default policy is usually what's referred to as 'wiping IT policy' or 'unlocking the BlackBerry', but both are misnomers.

A "blank" (also a misnomer) policy or the Default IT policy (which has no restrictions) must be sent to the device BEFORE it is removed from the BES. Otherwise, the PITA process in the link above must be followed to apply a blank or the default IT Policy.

However, as noted above, this is all irrelevant since there was no IT policy restricting BIS email when the device was on the BES (unless they applied the wrong IT policy to the device before removing it from the BES).
    JerryD

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    WhyZeeGuy, this will work much easier for you: http://blackberry.ig3.net/.
    I am currently using my corporate BES for email. Will following the steps you linked to remove my BES email settings? That would NOT be a good thing in my case!

Okay, I'm halfway there. I can send email from the BlackBerry and its received at the ISP email account.

I'm still not receiving email though. Several tests and nothing coming through to the BlackBerry email client.

I've rebooted the device and still no luck.

Any suggestions?