Hi All, If I have a valid email account and the enterprise activation password, will ... Server Admins forum

cvcabran no está en línea Stack level 1

BES Account Activation

Advertisement

Hi All,

If I have a valid email account and the enterprise activation password, will I be able to activate my device myself, or does my IT department need to do something first? (Like initial account setup or something like that.)

Thanks in advance,
    Clarence

Tim_W no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: BES Account Activation

First, the IT Dept has to enter a password on the BES. Then you must enter the same password on your device.

Regards,
    Tim

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

That should be all that you need. If they have given you a password you need to use it, as the default time for the password to expire is 48 hours. This can be changed and might be shorter or longer depending on the IT Dept.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_W
    First, the IT Dept has to enter a password on the BES. Then you must enter the same password on your device.
    In order to receive an EA password a person must have a BES account and the admin has to assign/generate the EA password.

Note that EA passwords aren't necessarily the same each time you go to activate though. They do expire, as MWPatterson has pointed out.

You can also kick off an EA via a USB sync if you're on a PC with Desktop Manager on the same network as the BES.
    Last edited by takeshi; 08-01-2007 at 11:03 AM.