Any1 else upgraded to version 5 as well?... Server Admins forum

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3

Question BES 5 am i the only1?

Advertisement

Any1 else upgraded to version 5 as well?

Yes, but only in test environment ... to figure out how it works ;-)

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I have it downloaded, but haven't had a chance to Install it.

rsenio no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes, I'm using it in a test enviroment as well (Windows 2008 Hyper-V Guest OS). I was more interested in migrating our existing users over without the need for another enterprise activation, as well as testing the collaboration component with OCS 2007 to make sure that works as it did before. Oh, and testing software deployment...i.e the OCS Client for the blackberry. So far so good.

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    I got used to the web interface management already most of the new software developers does this now like websense…etc

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    So how's it running BBP? Did you upgrade an existing 4.1.6 or install on a new server and do a cut over?

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    I am spinning up my 6 server cluster in 1 week. I currently have it on 4 systems and I love it. The web interface does take a little to get use to but, it is nice when you build it out right.

The Enterprise Transport Tool is SWEET!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 07-30-2009 at 12:08 AM.

TheLizardFish no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have it installed in a test VM at the moment. Will be upgrading production in a few weeks. What I found to work best was to seperate the BES from the BAS and for the standby servers associated with each primary BES pair I created VMs to use in production. So I have:

BES01 primary, BES01-b standby (VM)
    BES02 primary, BES02-b (VM)
    BAS01, BAS02 (load balancing)

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    I am doing something similar the exception is I only have 1 BAS and 1 MDS server.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Rina528 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had it on my storm til I gave it to my husband now I have the curve if anyone can let me know where to getbbm 5.0 again thanks I miss the 5.0 I liked the features.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

BackITup no está en línea Stack level 1
    Currently running 4.1.6 for Exchange with about 60 users. I have just brought up 5.0 MR2 and used the Enterprise Transporter (great tool) to move over 5 test users (90 day temp SRP for the new server)

So far I like it, hard to find things, working on software configs and IT policies, slightly different behaviors from what I am used to, but definitely workable.

Would love to keep this thread going with tips and tricks as they come up...

BackITup no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rina528 View Post
    I had it on my storm til I gave it to my husband now I have the curve if anyone can let me know where to getbbm 5.0 again thanks I miss the 5.0 I liked the features.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105
    This thread is in reference to the BES (Server) version, not the Handheld OS version.

Thanks,

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    We upgraded to 5.0 last night. Everything worked except the admin web interface. Today we called support and they fixed it. The admin service kept crashing. It didn't like the password we picked.

It will take a while to get used to the Web interface. I really liked 4.1.6.

shawnvictor no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm running BES 5 on a vm.