Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a BES installation on a Windows 2003 R2 server. (Dual Proc Xeon 3.0ghz, ... Server Admins forum

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Question BES 4.1 (SP1) - Cannot send mail.

Advertisement

I have a BES installation on a Windows 2003 R2 server. (Dual Proc Xeon 3.0ghz, 2gig RAM, 3x 73gb 10k HD (RAID 5) etc. etc.). This server is a domain controller, DHCP, DNS, AV, and WSUS. I have a seperate 2003 server with Exchange 2003 SP2. As well as a seperate 2003 server with SQL 2000 SP4.

I can recieve and sync all of my exchange box, tasks, memos, calendar, and contacts. Everything works perfect, except I cannot send mail from my BB. Before BES SP1 the error I recieved on the handheld was an "unlisted message error" after SP1 it now says " Email Program unable to submit message"

The application event log (as well as the BES logs) list the following error:

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: BlackBerry Messaging Agent SERVERNAME Agent 1
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 20265
    Date: 8/6/2006
    Time: 11:04:03 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: SERVERNAME
    Description:
    {user.name@domain.com} MAPIMailbox::Send(ppMAPIMessage) - SubmitMessage (0x80070005) failed

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: BlackBerry Messaging Agent SERVERNAME Agent 1
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 20000
    Date: 8/6/2006
    Time: 11:04:04 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: SERVERNAME
    Description:
    {user.name@domain.com} Send() failed: ERR_SUBMIT_MAIL, Tag=565

Please note I have changed the underlined / italic text for security reasons.

The security patch from Microsoft that affected the STORE.EXE was installed before BES. I have read and verified permissions with Blackberry KB-0429

I have read and check compliance with Microsoft KB-91218

I have also checked Microsoft KB Article KB-907434 even though the privelage isn't being revoked, as far as I can tell.

I have cleared the cache on the BES server by shutting down the router service for greater than 20 minutes.

The BESAdmin account is only a member of the BUILTIN\ADMINISTRATORS and the DOMAIN USERS account. So no special group problems there (that I can see anyways).

It definatly seems like a permission issue, though I cannot find where the error may be. BB Tech support is sending me in circles reading the same articles over and over. I have checked and triple checked permissions. I cannot figure it out. Hopefully there is a BES Admin out there with some experience here. Any ideas?

Re: BES 4.1 (SP1) - Cannot send mail.

Not even the obligitory "Anybody on BES wanna give it a shot" post. Darn I'm at a loss too.

Anybody know of a solid Microsoft Exchange forumn I can try my luck on?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Sorry buddy, missed this post. Lets see if anyone today has an answer.

officeglen no está en línea Stack level 1

Is your email/user account in any of the following groups?
    • Administrators
    • Account Operators
    • Server Operators
    • Print Operators
    • Backup Operators
    • Domain Admins
    • Schema Admins
    • Enterprise Admins
    • Cert Publishers

I'm struggling with the same problem you are. The worst part about this is you have to wait an hour to see if you've made a difference. The one thing that is odd to me is that a couple of times I'll stop the Blackberry Router server for 20 minutes and start it up again and then I can send messages. That seems to work for an hour.

I think I may have been in Backup Operators last time I went through that cycle.

I was talking to RIM last night and they told me to call Microsoft.... I hate finger pointing.

rdirkmatt no está en línea Stack level 1

If you get an answer on this - I would really like to know. I am having the same problem. Thanks
    Dirk
    d.matt.8@mattnj.com

leob no está en línea BES Pro

I would make sure you don't have the BESAdmin account in an admin group in AD. Then make sure the "Send As" permission is on the domain in AD for your BESAdmin account.

The problem I ran into is that anyone in an Admin group in AD couldn't send emails. MS has a script you run that will fix this. Basically the script adjusts the AdminADHolder object to allow the "send as" to function for protected accounts.

Let me know if this helps

sdpagan no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having the exact same problem only I do not have SP1. I have verified that the user account is not in any admin groups. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Jdoubleu no está en línea Stack level 1

support microsoft com /KB/ 912918

Please see Microsoft KB article 912918, sorry but I can't send the hyperlink

Please see attached article... You cannot be a domain admin. Funny thing is if I move my mailbox to a different exchange server it works just fine.. I am still investigating but this article is a great place to start.

sdpagan no está en línea Stack level 1

Success! My users are now able to send and receive messages. RIM informed me to follow the steps in KB-912918 but instead of selecting Add... from the security tab, drill down to Advanced and add the user there. I only allowed the Send As permission. I did this and then cleared the router cache and all was well. For whatever reason, the change would not take place unless added via the Advanced window.

Jdoubleu no está en línea Stack level 1

since I am a domain admin using the instructions from the KB article worked for all other users except for the rest of us domain admins. However I went into Active directory pulled up my account and under the security Tab I added the BES Admin account and granted Send As access and I am good to go. this is something that you may need to do with all your domain admins. Can't really use the template from BES

nalinda no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok Folks,
    After struggling with both Microsoft and Blackberry, here is the low down.

Exchange 2003 SP 2 changed the way send as work. So Blackberry Service account got locked out.

Solution:
    Go to the AD Users & Computer.
    Right Click on the domain, go the security tab,
    select Advanced
    Add the Blackberry service account
    From the Applies Onto list, click User Objects select user objects
    Give snd as permisions
    Replicated if you have other ADs

Note:
    If you can reboot your domain server and exchange servers, you donot have to wait and 1 hour to find out if it works.

If you find that the send as permision disappers from some users; especialy administrator type accounts, run
    dsacls "cn=adminsdholder,cn=system,dc=mydomain,dc=com " /G "MYDOMAIN\BlackBerrySA :CA;Send As"

Note: In this command, MYDOMAIN\BlackBerrySA is a placeholder for the name of the BlackBerry Service account. Change it to represent the proper account name in use for this domain, also correct the MYDOMAIN portion to match the real local domain. Make sure that you do not add a space between BlackBerrySA and ":CA". Don't forget to replace the mydomain and com with the proper user local domain.

Also,

If you have a migrated AD, some accounts will not work. IF so go to the properties page of the user in AD.
    In the Security tab, Advanced
    Make sure to check the box that says "allow inheritaed permisions to propergate..."

If this done correctly, you can see from the user properties (of an effected person), Security/advanced tab/alonf the Blackberry service account/in the column for Inherited From;
    ;It will have the domain infomation there "DC=yourdomain,DC=COM"

This should fix every ones problems. Micorsoft has promissed me that they will update the article to relflect this information.
    Sorry I could not reply on MOnday when I discovered this with MS.

Cheers
    Last edited by nalinda; 08-17-2006 at 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling

craiga1027 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having trouble with the bes account disappearing from admin accounts. Where do you run the following line.
    dsacls "cn=adminsdholder,cn=system,dc=mydomain,dc=com " /G "MYDOMAIN\BlackBerrySA :CA;Send As"

craiga1027 no está en línea Stack level 1

everytime I run this command I get the message the command failed to initialize. The specified domain either does not exist or cannot be contacted. I changed all the info to reflect my domain and user info. Are there any other fixes for domain admin accounts?

I apologize for not following this thread more closely. I was able to solve the problem eventually. The easiest way to fix it is to use the AddSendAs.vbs script that is included in the Microsoft KB 912918 Article. Follow the instructions to export the list of accounts whose send as permissions are being supressed. Edit the resulting CSV and then reimport it to add the Send As permission for those accounts. After upgrading BES to SP2 I had to reassign the service accounts in services.msc for e-mail to start flowing again (may have been my error during upgrade).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast