I would be interested to hear about folks who already have upgraded to BES 4.1 ... Server Admins forum

FlyingDutch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CB5F48

Question BES 4.1 for Domino - What's your experience?

Advertisement

I would be interested to hear about folks who already have upgraded to BES 4.1 on Domino. I'm currently on BES 4.0 and Domino 6.5.4 and have heard that it's better to upgrade to Domino 7 before upgrading to 4.1? Also I'm concerned about performance. So does anybody out there already runs BES 4.1 on a Domino 6 server? If yes would you mind sharing how some of your experiences? Please also let me know how many users you have on one particular server and perhaps what your server looks like?

Thanks !!

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro

Re: BES 4.1 for Domino - What's your experience?

I am currently working on our Upgrade Plan from 4.0 to 4.1 on Domino 6.5.5 I have attempted the upgrade on a "test" server with some issues, mainly MDS and SQL/MDSE. I didn't see anything that was Domino related that may caused my issues?
    Windows 2000 (Build 2195) Service Pack 4, Compaq ProLiant ML370 G2,(2) 1.400 GHz Pentium III, 2GB memory and 150 users.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Glad to see you BES Admins here! Remember to join the BES Group there will be targeted info delivered to group members there shortly.

I've used 4.1 on MS Exchange but will try to help if I can. Any more specifics on the issues you are experiencing Hotwax?

I'm actually trying another Install as we speak/type on a test server, I'll keep you posted.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

K thanks. Good Luck! If you come up with any tips etc they are most welcome.

The BES install went well, trying to add MDS now and can't get it to install, MSDE issues. More to come...