Hello, I was hopeing if someone could tell me if BES 4.1.6 for Groupwise has ... Server Admins forum

lithic no está en línea Stack level 1

BES 4.1.6 and Groupwise Address books

Advertisement

Hello,

I was hopeing if someone could tell me if BES 4.1.6 for Groupwise has the abillity to sync multible address books? I did some searching but couldnt find the answere.

The admin guide has this little blurb[FONT=AnversRg-Regular][FONT=AnversRg-Regular]

"If you change the personal address books that user accounts
    synchronize to, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server deletes previously received entries in the personal address books from the
    BlackBerry devices."

However I beleive in previous versions of BES for groupwise , there was only one book that users could subscribe to.

Anyway, thanks for reading.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by lithic View Post
    Hello,

I was hopeing if someone could tell me if BES 4.1.6 for Groupwise has the abillity to sync multible address books? I did some searching but couldnt find the answere.

The admin guide has this little blurb[FONT=AnversRg-Regular][FONT=AnversRg-Regular]

"If you change the personal address books that user accounts
    synchronize to, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server deletes previously received entries in the personal address books from the
    BlackBerry devices."

However I beleive in previous versions of BES for groupwise , there was only one book that users could subscribe to.

Anyway, thanks for reading.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    I don't think it can, It only gives you the option to use frequent contacts or your personal address book. It is possible sometimes to run multiple BES accounts but sometimes it may not work correctly.

lithic no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you for the reply. I wasnt sure if the new version of BES supported multiple books or could use the system address book in groupwise. Looks like the answer is no.

tcable no está en línea Stack level 1
    You can select a different addressbook in the GW bes- I used my book called 'mobile' It's under pinsync- addressbooksubscribed