I have been told that there is a fix in place for when Blackberry users ... Server Admins forum

peterc2609 no está en línea Stack level 1

BES 4.1.5 fixes

Advertisement

I have been told that there is a fix in place for when Blackberry users have PA's managing their mailboxes.

i.e. At the moment, a PA is a delegate to a Directors mailbox and accesses it an deletes mail. The blackberry will not sync this as it does not know where the mail is.

Is this fixed in 4.1.5??

dlogsdon no está en línea BES Pro
    Wait, you mean when mail that is deleted by the PA it does not get deleted on the BB?
    I have never seen this issue and we have PAs with delegate rights delete mail.
    It doesn't make sense, the BESadmin account uses it's permissions to rescan the mailbox and syncronize with the BB.
    Do you have any error messages in the MAGT logs?

-Drew

peterc2609 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes thats right.

If a PA, accesses the Directors inbox through her outlook session and deletes mail, or moves to a personal folder. The BB doesn't do anything with it... just leaves it where it is and it has to be deleted manually.

I thought that is was because when the PA deletes the mail, it goes into HER deleted items and not the Directors!?!?

Peter

ecnavt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32caaed1
    Yes... that's essentially correct. The message has been removed from the Directors inbox, to the PA's deleted items - if they simply press the delete key.

Now if, they were to MOVE the item from the Directors inbox to the Director's deleted items the BES service account can keep track of where the message is.

I'm not sure if this is fixed in SP5 or not. But I think that if you turn on support for Hard Deletes in SP4, that this will function the same way. Afterall, a hard delete (holding the shift key while pressing deleted) is essentially the same process.

Trevor