On 3/6 I did a 3.1.4 to 3.1.5 upgrade (business partner full release - not ... Server Admins forum

tombquick no está en línea Stack level 2

Post BES 4.1.5 and Domino 7.0.2 - Runaway resource consumption

On 3/6 I did a 3.1.4 to 3.1.5 upgrade (business partner full release - not beta) and everything went fine, with one warning about the CPU and Memory not being sufficient. It is a Dual PIII 1.26Ghz with 1.5GB ram supporting 7 users so I was not concerned. It is a all-in-one with MDS Studio applications and Sametime connection, but has a remote SQL DB.

All day Friday server performed fine, but I was not on the console so I was not watching memory usage. Saturday morning 3/8 there was no email on my handheld and I have several "reports" that come in so I know something was wrong. Around 8 AM I remoted to server and see that nBES.exe is crashing due to a lack of virtual memory. I up the page file to 4 GB (max for 2003 Std) and restart the machine. Mail starts flowing again. By 12 PM server was no longer responding so I restarted it again. Came to the office around 3:30 after server was non-responsive again and setup a scheduled task to restart the server every two hours until I could get with support on Monday.

What was happening was that as soon as the server started and loaded all tasks the CPU would peg at 100% and the memory usage by
    the various BES services would just climb non-stop. This would continue until the server ran out of virtual memory or was restarted.

We limped along with the restarts until Monday morning when I had to do a remote shutdown and restart because the script could not execute due to the machines current state of CPU and memory.

I got ready for a long call to T-Support and got on the console only to find the server perfectly behaved and running normally. Since I have watched the server closely and nothing similar has appeared.

I put this out so that if someone has a similar occurrence or a patter develops we could compare notes.

tombquick no está en línea Stack level 2

RIM Admits problem with SP5

Email from RIM:

If you follow the technote there is no current solution, but a couple of work around options related to changing logging settings.

Dear Customer,

We have identified you as a customer that recently downloaded BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.1.5. Due to an issue with Daylight Saving Time (DST), we are recommending that customers avoid installing the software into their production environment until a new version is available. We will notify you when a new version of BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1.5 is available for download.

For partners and carriers that have already installed the software, the following article will provide further assistance regarding the issues with DST (login required):

For customers without an active Technical Support Contract, a complimentary support incident will be made available to assist you in addressing issues you may encounter related to DST. Please quote the following TCode number when contacting BlackBerry Technical Support:TCode: 65682
    Last edited by tombquick; 03-27-2008 at 01:52 PM.