I am currently running a BES server 4.0.5 and I have been asked to monitor ... Server Admins forum

dgibb2345 no está en línea Stack level 1

BES 4.0.5 and logging

I am currently running a BES server 4.0.5 and I have been asked to monitor Pin to Pin messages. Now I know in the past people said this can't be done until you go to version 4.1 but using an I.T. policy I have unabled Messenger Audit Report Interval to 1 hour and Messenger Audit Email address. It does track all the pin messages and sends it to my email address. The problem that I am having is that it also keeps a sent message in the person I am tracking sent box. We do not want that to happen. If I change it to the Audit UID what is the difference? Or does anyone have any suggestions of how to get around this problem?

Thank you

jock no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: BES 4.0.5 and logging

You could try setting up a mail rule on the exchange server (assuming this is what you are using) that deletes mail sent to you the administrator from the users handheld in their sent items folder. Ensure that wireless sync of this folder is enabled and that server wins when reconciling folders. This would then delete the sent mail from both the users exchange sent items and the handheld after a short while. This would cover your snooping but not instantly??

I tried this with a local rule in my outlook client and it works, there is a slight delay depending on your BES activity level and wireless coverage before the deletion is mirrored on the handheld.

I’ve seen some Perl scripts running on BES servers to do funky things with mail so am sure there must be a better way to achieve the result you require in a neater way……anbody any ideas