Hi guys! I searched first and couldn't find any threads with this info. I've got ... Server Admins forum

wellsm no está en línea Stack level 2

BES - 3rd Party Monitoring tools

Advertisement

Hi guys!

I searched first and couldn't find any threads with this info.

I've got a fairly small BES server (4.1.4 mr4 for Exchange) and the push for blackberries enterprise-wide seems to be gaining momentum.

I already see the need for reports. BES resource kit is nice, but it's going to take lots of work to get that into a form I can use.

What are you guys using to keep stats? Watch for problems? (Yes, I'm already using BESAlert.)

Our management has already said that they want to make sure the Blackberries aren't assigned to users who don't use them.

It looks like SP5 may have some good Web reports built in, but what else is good out there?

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have been looking into a Blackberry monitoring solution call Boxtone. Sounds like it may fit your needs.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver

Battou no está en línea Stack level 1
    We're using Nagios (via SNMP), though not too deeply.

We just monitor the running Windows services (alert going out if an Automatic service ist stopped), disk usage and ICMP ping reply.

Wouldn't be enough for your management I guess Maybe someone knows more about the possibilities of SNMP polling/traps.