We have 18 Blackberry users on our BES, all but one are on Rogers. The ... Server Admins forum

walterwt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B2FF0

Question Bell 8830 Looses link to BES

Advertisement

We have 18 Blackberry users on our BES, all but one are on Rogers. The last one is a Bell 8830 World phone. Quite often (Usually happens late at night) the link appears to be lost between the phone and the BES. To reset the link, I need to restart the BES services. It only takes a few seconds to reset, but usually the user has been unable to get or receive email for several hours. I'm guessing the trigger may be poor reception at the users home, but I can't prove it. Any suggestions?
    BES version 4.1.5.24, Exchange 2007, Blackberry 8800 version 4.2.2.196

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    During the "outage" are you able to issue any command to the device?

What happens if you try and resend the IT Policy? Does it go through the normal stages of Pending, Processing, Sent, Received, Applied Successfully.

Do your logs say anything specific for this user? Is this user using a different mailbox agent than the rest?

P.S. I'm from Edmonton Too

PIN/ID
    207B2FF0
    I'm new to this and self taught, haven't taught myself to review the logs yet, I'll do that today. Mailbox agent is the same for everyone, only difference is his mail is fowarded from a popserver to an email account we created within our domain, and i created an alies with the pop email address. We are about to migrate all our servers over to a new domain in the next week and at that time, we are going to drop the outside pop server and integrated that account into our exchange server.

PIN/ID
    207B2FF0
    Going through the logs, one thing I do notice is this particular user keeps changing from agent <none> to the proper agent <001>

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Is this issue still occurring?

PIN/ID
    207B2FF0
    I have assigned a static mail agent to the account, and the issue has not returned in the last few days, however I have noticed the IT Policy is being automaticly resent on a daily basis.