Hi here is my problem we had a blackberry server that was just in a ... Server Admins forum

Nyghtwing no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile BES Services not starting?

Advertisement

Hi here is my problem we had a blackberry server that was just in a workgroup and we had it working with MS exchange 2003. Now we have upgraded to a domain with a DC and upgraded all the PC's and stuff as well and added the BB Server to the domain and now i got 3 services that are very crucial to my guys out in the field that will not start they are as follows.

BlackBerry Dispatcher - Error 5608
    BlackBerry Synchronization Service - Error 5201
    BlackBerry Policy Service - Error 5003

These are the services i cannot start and when i try to start each one those are the errors i get when trying to start them.

If anyone has some info for this please reply.

Also Exchange is fully up and running the other clients PC's can send and receive email so on and so forth. The only problem is with the blackberry. Again thanks to all who can help.
    Last edited by Nyghtwing; 03-12-2007 at 03:44 PM.

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

Re: BB Services not starting?

Did you check the logon as settings for the services?
    PIN: 303150C7

jwhiser no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the exact same service not starting with the same error number. I have my services set to run as the BESAdmin account. Which account should they be running as?

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2

I always run the BES services as "local" account if you dont and the BESadmin account changes passwords then the services wont run

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Those services on our BES are running as a domain account. The Blackberry Attachment Service is the only one running with the local system account.

Lambo no está en línea Stack level 1

Have you moved the SQL DB by any chance? If so, the following might be useful:

Error code 5608 when starting the BlackBerry Dispatcher after moving the BlackBerry Configuration Database to a remote Microsoft SQL Server

Doc ID : KB10058
    Last Modified : 2007-02-27
    Document Type : Support

Environment
    • BlackBerry® Enterprise Server software version 4.0 and 4.1
    Problem

When trying to start the BlackBerry Dispatcher, after moving the BlackBerry Configuration Database to a remote Microsoft® SQL Server™, you receive error code 5608.

Cause

This issue may be caused by one of the following:
    1. The Microsoft SQL Server does not have the error codes in the master table database for the BlackBerry Dispatcher service to start.
    2. The BlackBerry Configuration Database transaction logs are full.
    Resolution

Complete the appropriate resolution.

Cause 1

The Microsoft SQL Server does not have the error codes in the master table database for the BlackBerry Dispatcher service to start .

Resolution
    1. Extract the service pack for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version that you are using to a folder location.
    2. Copy the Database folder from the extracted folder location to the remote Microsoft SQL Server.
    3. Open the BESMgmt.cfg file in a text editing application (e.g. Microsoft Notepad).
    4. Type cmd=Migrate.
    5. Make sure the Microsoft SQL Server and BlackBerry Configuration Database names are correct.
    6. Save and close the BESMgmt.cfg file.
    7. Open a command prompt and navigate to the database folder.
    8. From the command prompt, type createdb besmgmt.cfg.
    9. Confirm the account with which you are logged into the Microsoft SQL Server has access to the BlackBerry Configuration Database.
    10. Start the BlackBerry Dispatcher service.
    Cause 2

The BlackBerry Configuration Database transaction logs are full.

Resolution

Back up the transaction logs on the database server for the BlackBerry Configuration Database.