I just d/led the BlackBerry Professional Software (a lite version of BES) from the BB ... Server Admins forum

willenb no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Professional Software 3rd Party Sync

Advertisement

I just d/led the BlackBerry Professional Software (a lite version of BES) from the BB site. (BB Manager v. 4.1.4.15) I have installed and configured it on my Windows 2003 SBE server by installing MS SQL Express. I have the sync working between our Exchange 2003 server and BB so that my email and calendar info are being pushed to my BB (Curve 8300). The problem is that I would like to use a third party practice management software called Time Matter (v8) that handles my calendar info (right now I have it being synced from Time Matters to Outlook and then it get pushed). TM8 has a BES front end that I have attempted to configure, but have fallen at the last hurdle.

I get all the way to being asked how to interface between TM8 and BB and don't know how to respond. The configuration is asking for the BlackBerry Server address, a listening port (default 8301), and Time Matters Server address. Both servers on running on my Server 2003 SBE. I have tried to input the host name, 'localhost', the external IP, the private IP, and the Domain name. None have worked. If I change the port to 8080 (I noticed in the BB software a reference to that as a web listening port) I don't get an error, but it still doesnt work. The error that I get is "Failed to connect to the BES Server (name I inputed). ERROR: The Connection has been refused by the remote host. Configuration will not be transmitted."

The thing I'm starting to suspect is that the TM8 frontend that interfaces with BB, doesnt recognize the BB Professional Software (since its not BES). Could it also have to do with permissions on my computer? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

willenb no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BB Professional Software 3rd Party Sync

UPDATE: I downloaded the Blackberry Enterprise Server Express and was able to make it work. Thanks for your consideration.