I am having an issue with one users Blackberry not synching all of the Contacts ... Server Admins forum

SSell no está en línea Stack level 1

BB not synching all contact info

Advertisement

I am having an issue with one users Blackberry not synching all of the Contacts data. We are running BES v 4.1.4.15 and exchange 2003 w/SP2 It does synch all contacts, but a lot of the contacts are missing information that is in her outlook. Such as addresses or phone numbers. We spoke with Sprint and they said to go through her contacts and see if any have special characters as that MIGHT cause it. Problem is she has over 1300 contacts and we just don't have the time to go through 1300 contacts to see if one MIGHT have a special character that MIGHT cause this. Anyone ever run into this and know a possible better solution than that? Thanks for any advice.

Sean

parrie no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: BB not synching all contact info

I don't know if this is a better solution but I have come across something similar to this before. I had a user with 200 contacts and they stopped syncing. This is what I did to fix it.
    1. I turned off wireless sync on the contacts and using the desktop manager, cleared the contact list on the device.
    2. Created a temporary contact folder in the mailbox and moved all of the contacts there.
    3. I moved smaller groups of contacts back to the contacts folder and performed a sync from the desktop manager with the device tethered. If they transferred over with no errors, I knew that those were valid. If I received an error, I verified which ones had moved over and checked the ones that hadn't.
    4. I repeated this process narrowing down the two bad contacts that stopped the wireless sync. (Unfortunately, I couldn't see anything odd with them that would make them invalid contacts which was very frustrating).
    5. Once all the valid contacts were back on the device, I turned wireless sync back on for contacts and it has been working ever since.

This was on Exchange 2003 Enterprise w/SP2, BES 4.0.5.5, and an AT&T 8800.

RageXP no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by SSell View Post
    I am having an issue with one users Blackberry not synching all of the Contacts data. We are running BES v 4.1.4.15 and exchange 2003 w/SP2 It does synch all contacts, but a lot of the contacts are missing information that is in her outlook. Such as addresses or phone numbers. We spoke with Sprint and they said to go through her contacts and see if any have special characters as that MIGHT cause it. Problem is she has over 1300 contacts and we just don't have the time to go through 1300 contacts to see if one MIGHT have a special character that MIGHT cause this. Anyone ever run into this and know a possible better solution than that? Thanks for any advice.

Sean
    www blackberry.com/btsc and search for Doc ID : KB01451

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Try deleting and undeleting the Desktop[SYNC] service book on the users device

fuzzbutt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242da5e

We just went thru this, but it wasn't that large a address book. Basically we wiped the BB the resynched it, that worked.

mbyer no está en línea Stack level 2

Turn on verbose log for the user (search RIM support for how to do that) and inspect the log to find the offending entries. My best guess is that there will be entries without either a name or company (emails added without a name being attached). Crashes the synch. The log will show you the offenders to clean up. Could also do a sorted address list and look for blanks if you don't want to review the log files.....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~