Equipment: Curve with OS v4.2.2.166 Provider: ATT Environment: BES (dont know the version but it ... Server Admins forum

coinbank no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BB Msgr & IT Policy

Advertisement

Equipment:
    Curve with OS v4.2.2.166
    Provider: ATT
    Environment: BES (dont know the version but it supports wireless sync so we are inthe 4.0 range)

I recently changed jobs and brought my old curve over to the new company. When i got here i quickly noticed that PIN and BB messenger was not working (worked in the old place). I could receive PIN's from the outside but could not send them.
    When I connected to BBM with another person in the office it worked fine.

I have rebooted my device SEVERAL times and installed the latest software and spent 3 hours on the phone with ATT AND RIM and all have told me the same thing at the end of their troubleshooting...."it is most likely that your company's IT policy probably prohibits PIN messaging. You need to talk to your IT dept"

Armed with that info, i spoke to the owner of the company and asked if there was a reason it was disabled. Of course he never even heard of it and therefore said that he didn't ask them to disable it and has no problem with them enabling it.

The problem is, I spoke to the IT people and they said that they do not know how to authorize PIN messaging and/or BBM. They have been given propper approval by the owner of the company so i can't imagine it is an excuse.

Anyone know where in the IT Policy on the BES the PIN messaging and BBM are located???

Thanks a million in advance.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    Under Device Only Items - Allow Peer to Peer Messages
    Under Security Policy Group - Disable Peer to Peer Normal Send
    Under Blackberry Messenger - Disable Blackberry Messenger

coinbank no está en línea Stack level 1
    Cwax,

thanks have forwarded it to our crack IT people. Will keep you posted.