hello everyone, Sorry if this was posted or asked before. But i rececntly started installing ... Server Admins forum

bashar no está en línea Stack level 2

BB Desktop Manager 4.7 - Not synching with BES

hello everyone,
    Sorry if this was posted or asked before. But i rececntly started installing BB Desktop Manager 4.7 for users here at my work. But it doesnt not sync with BES.

If i install Desktop Manager 4.6, connect the Blackberry to the computer. BES will sync no problem and does it fast. 4.7 doesnt do that. Is there a patch or update I can install?

I follow the same exact setup I do with 4.6

Any advice is helpful.

Thanks,
    Bashar

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Blog Entries
    I am not familiar with BES in the slightest, but in general, I have heard about quite a few issues with DM 4.7, and most "answers" to those issues were to downgrade back to 4.6. Not sure if there is a patch or update available for 4.7 yet. Is there a particular reason you need/want 4.7?
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by applejosh View Post
    I am not familiar with BES in the slightest, but in general, I have heard about quite a few issues with DM 4.7, and most "answers" to those issues were to downgrade back to 4.6. Not sure if there is a patch or update available for 4.7 yet. Is there a particular reason you need/want 4.7?
    Thanks for the reply. I just thought I'd keep up with the latest version of Desktop Manager. but i guess its not always a good idea.

I've reverted to using 4.6 and BES connection for my clients is working now.

Cheers

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I'm confused as to why DM would have anything to do with syncing to a BES...but I guess if it fixed it for you, great. Are you sure you aren't using redirector?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Blog Entries
    That was going to be my question and then I saw yours MotoUp.

What are you using DM for bashar if you are syncing with a BES?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

hey guys,
    basicly we're a school. For special needs students (deaf and deaf blind). A large majority of our staff use blackberries as part of their communication.

We're part of the government. so basicly, the Government I.T. would setup everything on their BES servers on their side and then contact us to let us know that the client is ready to be setup. I (I.T. person at the school campus) install the BB Desktop manager, plug the device in and it starts doing its setup automaticlly. I dont even have to configure anything on the software or the device.

When I use BB DM version 4.6 or before, after I install and plug the device in, you can see the Breifcase for BES on the blackberry start to work and it syncs that blackberry to the BES server so the client gets all their e-mails, calendar and contacts synced wirelessly.

With Version 4.7, I plug it in and it doesnt do a thing. Just sitts there like nothing is happening.

I know i am using BES because when I setup the program, I tell it i am using the blackberry with Work Email and then pick Microsoft Exchange Server.

Thanks

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Then after you pick Exchange server, on the next screen, do you pick Redirector or Enterprise server?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Blog Entries
    If you're on a BES, your email, address book (contacts), calendar, notes, and tasks all sync WIRELESSLY. What are you trying to "sync" with Desktop Manager?

Our "Help(less) Desk" pulls the same nonsense with our users (who are exclusively partners) - trying to use Desktop Manager to get their BlackBerry to "sync". They end up wasting ineradicable amounts of time installing (many times incorrectly!), syncing, wiping, reactivating to no avail.
    JerryD

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    Then after you pick Exchange server, on the next screen, do you pick Redirector or Enterprise server?
    Enterprise Server

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    If you're on a BES, your email, address book (contacts), calendar, notes, and tasks all sync WIRELESSLY. What are you trying to "sync" with Desktop Manager?

Our "Help(less) Desk" pulls the same nonsense with our users (who are exclusively partners) - trying to use Desktop Manager to get their BlackBerry to "sync". They end up wasting ineradicable amounts of time installing (many times incorrectly!), syncing, wiping, reactivating to no avail.
    Iam not sure exactly what it is, but i guess it does its BES configuration. We used to do BES setup wirelessly but it failed many times and it was too slow. now with the BES blackberry setup through Desktop manager/usb cable, its alot faster and fail rate so far has been 0%.