Does anybody know how far we can work with this ? RIM KB: *ww.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11 202&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=68834916&stateId=0 ... Server Admins forum

Question Automatic wireless backup

Advertisement

Does anybody know how far we can work with this ?

RIM KB:

*ww.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11 202&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=68834916&stateId=0 %200%2036248810
    Quoting:

Automatic wireless back up also allows system administrators to wirelessly restore settings and data if the BlackBerry user experiences a problem.

We managed to mess up an "important" user's profile.....

And no, unfortunately we don't have a manual backup..

Appreciate any help...

BES 4.1.3 / Domino 7.0.2

doctair no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Automatic wireless backup

what exactly do you mean mess up a profile, did you delete the account from the Bes Admin?

The wireless backup doesn't backup everything from the device. Look in the Bes Administratin Guide in the Appendix for a chart of the data the Wireless backup doesn't backup.

Re: Automatic wireless backup

Thanks doctair, I've seen the BES guide appendix. That's why I came to this question.
    With mess up the profile is meaned, that not the profile itself got deleted, the profile inside got messed up. Means nearly the whole settings are gone, eg. screen/keyboard, sound profiles, shortcuts ...

In my opinion, somehow it could be done. But nevermind...

RIM responded that these automatic backups are just used / can be just used for activation.
    They will correct the KB11202 as far as they can regarding:

"Automatic wireless back up also allows system administrators to wirelessly restore settings and data if the BlackBerry user experiences a problem."

Thanks and cheers though.