Hi all, so everyone is saying that the official AT&T 4.5 OS will be available ... Server Admins forum

rws381 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question AT&T OS 4.5 and BES

Advertisement

Hi all, so everyone is saying that the official AT&T 4.5 OS will be available for download on Tuesday, hopefully this is true. I have upgraded OS before but I was not on BES when I did. Does anything work differently if your device is connected to BES for upgrading the OS?

knoppe01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Nope - should do an automatic enterprise activation upon completion, if not do it manually

Good deal. You might or might not know the answer to this. Would my password for activation be the same as it was the first time? It was pretty easy to remember...

Who knows if 4.5 will even come out Tuesday, for some reason I doubt it.

singk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2437547A
    Quote Originally Posted by rws381 View Post
    Good deal. You might or might not know the answer to this. Would my password for activation be the same as it was the first time? It was pretty easy to remember...

Who knows if 4.5 will even come out Tuesday, for some reason I doubt it.
    Tthe activation password is only used once, for the initial activation of the BlackBerry device. The password will become invalid after five unsuccessful activation attempts. More importantly, the password cannot be used again to establish another activation.

If you want to reactivate, you (your BES Admin) will have to set the activation password again. Hope this answered your question.

Quote Originally Posted by singk View Post
    Tthe activation password is only used once, for the initial activation of the BlackBerry device. The password will become invalid after five unsuccessful activation attempts. More importantly, the password cannot be used again to establish another activation.

If you want to reactivate, you (your BES Admin) will have to set the activation password again. Hope this answered your question.
    Yup that pretty much sums it up. Hopefully activation will just run...

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2
    If your Admin will not set a new password for you or you want to do this with out the admin know ing you can always use Desktop Manager to reactivate and no password is necessary. The password is only used when activating OTA

Quote Originally Posted by jason1114 View Post
    If your Admin will not set a new password for you or you want to do this with out the admin know ing you can always use Desktop Manager to reactivate and no password is necessary. The password is only used when activating OTA
    Oh nice. Does it matter that Desktop Manager is installed on my home PC? Are there any how-to's anywhere?

guruleenyc no está en línea Stack level 2
    I would first connect it at work via your desktop manager and activate/synch it if you're primary usage it for work. However, it should make a difference either way.

Quote Originally Posted by guruleenyc View Post
    I would first connect it at work via your desktop manager and activate/synch it if you're primary usage it for work. However, it should make a difference either way.
    Thanks. I'd say my usage is about 50/50. I think I'll just contact my IT department when the official 4.5 comes out for AT&T and see what they have to say.