Hello. I have a user that I assigned a BB to (it's the black one ... Server Admins forum

e25taki no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2016B5E9

Assigning BB to user

Advertisement

Hello.
    I have a user that I assigned a BB to (it's the black one and I can't remember if it is a 7200 or 7300 model, sorry).

The BB was assigned to him and it worked fine until the weekend the window admin guys and I came in and did some repatching. This particular user reported on the Monday that his BB was not receiving emails. We have 15 users who have BB, myself included, and everyones BB worked fine except this one user.

I have been given the responsibility of being the "support guy" for the BB, as responsibility I am happy to take.

I couldn't see an obvious problem to this users BB issue so I thought it would be best to just re-install his BB apps.

We run Lotus Notes at work and have BB Enterprise Server running. What I did was delete his state db and then from the BES manager I deleted the user - I think it would have been wise to have firstly unassigned the BB and then deleted the user but in my haste I just deleted the user from the list of BB users on the server.

I can successfully add the user to the server and install the apps to the BB, however when it comes time to assign a device to the user I get an error - for the life of me I cannot remember the exact message but something about the server not being able to assign the BB at this time.

Is it because I did not unassign the BB before deleting the user mucked anything up on the BES db?

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated. Hope all this makes sense ()

PS
    I did try assigning the user another BB that use to belong to another user but I had the same problem.

Cheers!

e25taki

pck20 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215C77CB

Re: Assigning BB to user

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Did you try deleting all messages using DM and wiping the device and then addind his account to the server and re-activating?

e25taki no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2016B5E9

hi pck20.
    If by DM you mean desktop manager I did not do anything there exceot when I had to install the applications. Was that something I had to do first?
    I just entered the users password 10 times and erased everything on the BB. I then deleted his name from the BB Enterprise Manager and then re-installed the apps. It all installs correctly except the part where I try to assign the BB to the user and then it won't activate....

Cheers!

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Are you doing the activation Over The Air (OTA) or wired?
    What errors are you getting when you try to activate it.